Who would win? 712/750 or 750/690 ???

scottGT500

Established Member
A while back I started this thread about opinions on comparing our 13/14 GT500's with different mods: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-2-8lc-vs-13-6-10-lower-headers-opinions.html

The comparison is between Van's 13-6 kit (or equivalent) + a 10% pulley + headers VS a Kenne Bell 2.8LC no additional mods. Throw out what costs more ect...on this thread...

I want thoughts one which is FASTER!

13-6 + 10% + headers (17-18psi)= 712whp 750wtq
KB 2.8LC 3" pulley (17-18psi) = 750whp 690wtq
**#'s per Van@RevanRacing**

1/4 mile...
Standing mile...
Roll or "Mexico" racing...
And just for street use and fun!

Thanks!!! I am about to choose one of the two...:rockon:

Scott

Last edited:

mike69440

Established Member
Twin Screw is faster, if

1. TS needs 3.73 Gears
2. TS is more Consistent, less Heat Soak
3. 750 > 712
4. Easy to modulate power to ground.
5. TS has flatter torque curve.

But at thosse power levels, there are so many opportunitities to loose the race.

scottGT500

Established Member
1. TS needs 3.73 Gears
2. TS is more Consistent, less Heat Soak
3. 750 > 712
4. Easy to modulate power to ground.
5. TS has flatter torque curve.

But at thosse power levels, there are so many opportunitities to loose the race.

What about the TONS of torque from the TVS?

And using the stock gear....btw

Last edited:

scottGT500

Established Member
Here's a good example... My bro's Vette puts down just under 700 on laughing gas... His neighbor has a TT Viper @ 1120 to the wheels... Viper always gets smoked by my bro since he can't hook-! I'm mean always! LOL

I guess the TVS's massive torque hit could be its downside even with drag radials...

But just farting around town would be fun with all that torque from the TVS because I don't often get to @6000+ rpm where the KB shines....

Scott

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I guess the TVS's massive torque hit could be its downside even with drag radials...

But just farting around town would be fun with all that torque from the TVS because I don't often get to @6000+ rpm where the KB shines....

Scott

FWIW- They both will command patience at that power level. My 09 with the 2.9 (720/670) was a blast to drive on the street with 315's out back and the 3:73's but required LOTS of seat time to not get embarrassed ;-)

scottGT500

Established Member
FWIW- They both will command patience at that power level. My 09 with the 2.9 (720/670) was a blast to drive on the street with 315's out back and the 3:73's but required LOTS of seat time to not get embarrassed ;-)

I had a KB 2.8 on my '10 GT500 (704/639) and it was a handful to say the least! I know exactly what you mean...my full H/C/I C6Z 580whp was the hardest but funnest car to drive I have had...yet.

:beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
If you recall the dyno chart comparison you'll remember the KB didn't even surpass the bolt-on car until something like 5600 rpms. The torque of the bolt on car would be more fun to drive around on the street in my opinion. Fun > numbers.

scottGT500

Established Member
If you recall the dyno chart comparison you'll remember the KB didn't even surpass the bolt-on car until something like 5600 rpms. The torque of the bolt on car would be more fun to drive around on the street in my opinion. Fun > numbers.

My thoughts exactly....I rarely get and stay in the rpm range that the KB excels in...

:beer:

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
I'm debating on what to go with as well, I think I'm gonna go with the 3.6 LC Kenne Bell and keeping it at the stock boost level and maybe adding long tubes.

evolve

Established Member
Get the KB if $$ isnt an issue. If you are constrained by budget, the 13-6 kit should work for you. Both would be a blast. As far as your question is concerned, there are too many unknowns to answer accurately.

scottGT500

Established Member
Get the KB if $$ isnt an issue. If you are constrained by budget, the 13-6 kit should work for you. Both would be a blast. As far as your question is concerned, there are too many unknowns to answer accurately.

$$ is not a concern this round...tell me your reasoning on why...:rockon:

evolve

Established Member
$$ is not a concern this round...tell me your reasoning on why...:rockon:

Well, it would be an easy choice for me. Like someone mentioned earlier this thread: TS superchargers are simply more efficient. They run "cooler" which is beneficial to your motor and you have the potential to increase your HP numbers significantly with a pulley swap and additional bolt ons. Add alternate fuel to the equation and you will be closing in on 1k hp. Suspension should be a priority when you are talking about big hp. Remember more than anything "Spinnin ain't winnin". The person putting more power to the pavement (in an all things equal race) in any scenario will win. Either way, I would be excited to see a KB on a '13. The potential is mind blowing!

Last edited:

scottGT500

Established Member
Well, it would be an easy choice for me. Like someone mentioned earlier this thread: TS superchargers are simply more efficient. They run "cooler" which is beneficial to your motor and you have the potential to increase your HP numbers significantly with a pulley swap and additional bolt ons. Add alternate fuel to the equation and you will be closing in on 1k hp. Suspension should be a priority when you are talking about big hp. Remember more than anything "Spinnin ain't winnin". The person putting more power to the pavement (in an all things equal race) in any scenario will win. Either way, I would be excited to see a KB on a '13. The potential is mind blowing!

Thank you...makes good sense! :beer:

I guess my dilemma is that I am 99% sure I won't go any further. 750whp would be plenty for a daily driver and toy lol! I like the efficiency factor of the KB but I think the monster torque of a pullied TVS would be insane...

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Thank you...makes good sense! :beer:

I guess my dilemma is that I am 99% sure I won't go any further. 750whp would be plenty for a daily driver and toy lol! I like the efficiency factor of the KB but I think the monster torque of a pullied TVS would be insane...

That's the thing though, we are being told 750-800rwhp is about the stopping point before you need to look at running higher octane than 93 and/or upgrading internals. My debate has brought me to use two basic goals to guide me: Stick with bolton's if I don't intend to go further than 750, or decide to make much more power through significant changes to the internals of the car and then get a KB to capitalize on the higher potential. I've decided this question can only be answered by looking at where you want to stop with the vehicle. But then again, I try to be a planner more than an impulse buyer.

scottGT500

Established Member
That's the thing though, we are being told 750-800rwhp is about the stopping point before you need to look at running higher octane than 93 and/or upgrading internals. My debate has brought me to use two basic goals to guide me: Stick with bolton's if I don't intend to go further than 750, or decide to make much more power through significant changes to the internals of the car and then get a KB to capitalize on the higher potential. I've decided this question can only be answered by looking at where you want to stop with the vehicle. But then again, I try to be a planner more than an impulse buyer.

Boom! That is what I wanted for an opinion! I like simplicity...it appears that a LOT of guys/shops are having great success with the TVS...it is a bit weird that you don't hear/read more about KB's and Whipple's on 13-14's like you do on the 07-12 models. I would know because I had a KB on my '10....:rockon:

By "maxing" out the TVS I will:
1) save a boat load of $
2) have tons of power...close to recommended max to boot
3) get suspension mods and a better H/E with the saved $

BUT I don't keep cars long....so it makes "some" sense to get a KB, enjoy the mess out of it...return back to stock, sell the KB and 65-75% of my $ back and move on.....:bash:

Scott

svt_king_cobra

Established Member
You can go for a smaller blower whipple 2.9 (cheaper than KB) plus LT headers or only lethal x pipe.
i'm running 2.9 on my 2013 Shelby and i like it. very good power for 14 PSI and daily drive.
send me private message if you want more details.

Users who are viewing this thread