Who will win?

ericburt

Established Member
Well there has been an on going battle between my friend and I. Friend doesn't like mustangs or cobras, and he is one of those guys that think EVO's and STI's are the best cars out there.

My friend just got a 2011 STI sedan, and i have a 1997 cobra. I have 3.73s, headers to slp lm1s, cold air intake, steeda tri ax shifter, and a couple other suspension mods. He wants to "break" his STI in and not race it for a couple hundred miles. Who do you think will win when he is ready to race?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Don't want to be a dick here (I could be completely wrong too) but I think from a dig he will get you pretty good. From a roll on I think it might be a better race but I think he will still get you.

Get it on video either way..sounds like an entertaining run if he can drive. (AWD still takes skill to launch despite what people tell you.. he could still get spanked hard.)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Easy, throw a 500 shot on your car and you will win while your engine goes up in flames and smoke fills the air.

onebadsvt

Established Member
im giving it to the sti. stock for stock they produce the same hp, the sti has a better tq curve, and also has a small weight advantage! from a dig, its over. from a roll it will be a good race. i would def try to go from a higher roll considering the sti will be in 5th gear pretty quick, with its short geared 6 speed

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Hmm,yeah could be a drivers race but I think the STI will edge you out due to the weight.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
hmm depends on the driver of the STi, if he can launch that sedan than you might be toast. BUT I'm in the same situation as you! 1997 Cobra completely stock vs a 2005 STi with full exhaust and tune. However he is not the best at launching and I have already taken him in a 0-90 race in my slightly modded GT.

If you can drive I still say you got it. Also the 3:73s will help you since 96-98 cobras need help down low. AND as said before make sure to video tape this! I will want to show it to my friend with the STi lol

Chuckie B

Established Member
Nitrous kits are cheap...100+shot and walk him!

the price of the kit will pay for itself in the long run when you change his mind about mustangs!

Mach Boy

Established Member
If he beats you just use the same excuse the Chevy boys are using with the 5.0:

"It only took you 15 years to catch up to my old motor."

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
If you are going from a dig, I would suggest some DRs so you can stay with that AWD. Heat the shit out of the DRs and use some VHT Trackbite. If you can stay with him on the dig, you shoud be able to squeeze it out..

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If he beats you just use the same excuse the Chevy boys are using with the 5.0:

"It only took you 15 years to catch up to my old motor."

Ford caught up long before the 5.0, It's already past and adding lengths at this point.

ericburt

Established Member
I was under the assumption, from a roll i would pull on him. I do have gears and exhaust and a CAI. I know that isn't a big gain but the gears alone really wakes up the sn95 cobras. Friend says he doesn't want to go from a dig. But has been insisting he would win from a roll. I already put some car lengths on a 2010 WRX. Guess ill have to wait and see.

4valvemach

Established Member
Ford caught up long before the 5.0, It's already past and adding lengths at this point.

:lol: Yea keep telling yourself that

It took Ford putting a supercharger on the mustang in order to take out a N/A LS1.So in reality the 2011 mustang 5.0 is the FIRST small cubic inch N/A mustang with any real power EVER.

Last edited:

ericburt

Established Member
:lol: Yea keep telling yourself that

It took Ford putting a supercharger on the mustang in order to take out a N/A LS1.So in reality the 2011 mustang 5.0 is the FIRST small cubic inch N/A mustang with any real power EVER.

An n/a 4v can take out an n/a ls1. stock for stock the cobra will beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread