Who will win??? 408 stroker foxbody vs c6 z06

Black94svt

Ive got a race comin up and I need some input on what everyone thinks.

1992 foxbody coupe mustang: 408 stroker blue printed and balanced. Main stud girdle, afr 205 heads, custom anderson solid roller cam .620 lift on intake .620 lift on exhaust. victor jr single plane intake with a pro systems custom carb for engine 850 cfm. 1.6 rockers with girdle. Motor should make around 550 and revs out around 7000 rpm. The compression on the motor is 11:1, Exhaust is bbk 1 3/4 longtubes o/r bbk x pipe with single chamber flows dumped. It has no a/c no power steering. Just alternator and water pump.The fuel system is a 12 gallon fuel cell with aeromotive a1000 pump and aeromotive regulator with a return. It has a tko600 trans with a dual friction centerforce clutch and aluminum driveshaft. 3.73 gears and some bolt on suspension in rear with subframe connectors. The car has a tubular k member with coil overs. Ther car went on a major diet with no back seats no wires under dash everything ripped out that wasnt needed. The old gas tank and all the lines were gutted and the car is running on 104 race gas and mickey et streets.

c6 z06: stock
Who should win this race from a dig and from a roll.:shrug:

F8L BYT

Established Member
Agreed fox should win fairly easy. You have more power than him and are as light but most likely lighter than he is.

61mmstang94

Established Member
You should win but it's funny it takes a large stroker engine on race gas in a gutted foxbody to keep up with a stock Z06.

Last edited:

Black94svt

foxbody coupe $3000for car with motor =$15000 spent with state requirement insurance and title in hand

z06 $55000 and a huge insurance bill and bank has the title

F8l Vnm

Established Member
foxbody coupe $3000for car with motor =$15000 spent with state requirement insurance and title in hand

Fox will win..:beer:
But this whole money statement /excuse people bring up is ridiculous..
lol @ bank has the title...:loser:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
You should win but it's funny it takes a large stroker engine on race gas in a gutted foxbody to keep up with a stock Z06.

THAT Z06 COMES STOCK WITH RELATIVELY THE SAME COMPRESSION AND 427CI SO WHAT IS UR POINT AGAIN:bash::bash::bash:

F8L BYT

Established Member
THAT Z06 COMES STOCK WITH RELATIVELY THE SAME COMPRESSION AND 427CI SO WHAT IS UR POINT AGAIN:bash::bash::bash:

Yeah i know GM guys run their mouth about that all the time but when in reality they have a very large displacement motor from the factory and technology advantage!

Reminds me of somethin a camaro owner said to me last night.... He said well you have 32 valves and i only have 16, i lmao and said who gives a $hit you do realize you have a 5.7 vs my little 4.6 ha

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Yeah i know GM guys run their mouth about that all the time but when in reality they have a very large displacement motor from the factory and technology advantage!

Reminds me of somethin a camaro owner said to me last night.... He said well you have 32 valves and i only have 16, i lmao and said who gives a $hit you do realize you have a 5.7 vs my little 4.6 ha

NOT TO MENTION 346CI TO UR 281.:rockon:

BigRobSS

Established Member
The fox should win being lighter and making more power assuming it hooks well from a dig. From a roll it should easily out run the Z06.

61mmstang94

Established Member
You do know that a C6 Z06 has a 427, right?
Is this somehow the Zo6's fault?

There's no reason to get so upset, but looking at the OP explain how much stuff was done to his car and how it's all gutted out and is still questioning if it'll keep up with a bone stock Z06 made me chuckle a little. There was this storybook length list of mods done to the mustang and then it said "Z06: Stock" lol. It's more of a point of how far cars have come over time and how lucky we are to have such amazing cars being built from the factory that are keeping up with some people's cars that they've built these days. So relax before you all start giving yourselves heart attacks over nothing.

Last edited:

Pntbll309

Established Member

Only broke asses use this comment.

Price doesnt mean shit. So get off your horse.

How about, you go race a car thats built to run, not a stock one? Come to colorado, Ill show you a little bit about an LS1.

Black94svt

Only broke asses use this comment.

Price doesnt mean shit. So get off your horse.

How about, you go race a car thats built to run, not a stock one? Come to colorado, Ill show you a little bit about an LS1.

***k ls1 ls6 and any chevy you got, I asked a simple question and it turns into a hate thing. Ive owned chevys and they just dont drag race better than a mustang, the balls to the wall feeling just aint there with the camaro. You call me broke, you know me? This is just a track car that I have been building in my spare time. Bring your pos chevy and put your money where your mouth is. Get off the SVT forums and go to your homo chevy sites.:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread