Who Will Win? 08 GSXR 1000 VS 04 TT Cobra

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
My buddy and I are going to do a highway run from 60-150 mph. I have a 04 Mystichrome Cobra with built motor with twin 60mm turbos, built T-56 and IRS. Car makes 735 rwhp 644 rwtq on 17 psi.

08 Suzuki GSXR 1000 with full exhaust, power commander, tre. stacks, race filter, -1 front sprocket with race tune wideband and data logged. (What my buddy text me)

He can ride really well and I can drive well. I took him for a ride in the car and he said it pulls as hard as the bike. Ill probably be starting this race in 3rd gear. Who do you guys think will edge out or any suggestions. Will have on video when it happens. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks :beer:

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
All depends on what gear he wants to start in i'd think. even 60mph is first gear range on that bike, if he's willing to push it and thinks he can keep it on the ground.

Best of luck though. should be close regardless.

getblowd

FTMFW
Established Member
I dunno my buddies 08 gsxr 1000 stock was a beast so your gonna need everything to work in your favor cuz its gonna be at 150 in a matter of seconds

slverstang

Established Member
heres a little bit of a referance that i can think of....not the best though but an idea!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XP5jRyAhxI&feature=related"]YouTube - 1,000rwhp Cobra vs 03 Turbo GSX-R vs 07 50shot GSX[/nomedia]

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
yeah i saw that vid. i would up the boost but my boost controller is maxed out and saving up for a different one, but either way i don't think it would help. bringing it home from the shop friday at 120 mph in 4th full spool the hoosier dr's couldn't hold it. i have a feeling i'm gonna get hosed on this one but its a bike. but if i do keep up i'll be happy.

There will be a video when we do it but we don't know when yet. hopefully we get it done this weekend sometime. i'll keep everyone posted

RussZTT

Established Member
My buddy and I are going to do a highway run from 60-150 mph. I have a 04 Mystichrome Cobra with built motor with twin 60mm turbos, built T-56 and IRS. Car makes 735 rwhp 644 rwtq on 17 psi.

08 Suzuki GSXR 1000 with full exhaust, power commander, tre. stacks, race filter, -1 front sprocket with race tune wideband and data logged. (What my buddy text me)

He can ride really well and I can drive well. I took him for a ride in the car and he said it pulls as hard as the bike. Ill probably be starting this race in 3rd gear. Who do you guys think will edge out or any suggestions. Will have on video when it happens. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks :beer:
The bike will win. The 08 stock puts down around 165+rwhp. It will take a normal weight car around 800-900rwhp just to stay even with it if he's a decent rider. My bike put down 155.5rwhp and I raced a buddy's 08 1K and he pulled me pretty decently and my bike traps around 145mph stock.
So with you only at 735rwhp he will pull you pretty good. Of course if he's at a normal weight of 180lb give or take.

Edit: 70-75mph is a sweet spot for a stock geared 1K. If he's -1 up front then 55-60 will be his sweet spot.

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
The bike will win. The 08 stock puts down around 165+rwhp. It will take a normal weight car around 800-900rwhp just to stay even with it if he's a decent rider. My bike put down 155.5rwhp and I raced a buddy's 08 1K and he pulled me pretty decently and my bike traps around 145mph stock.
So with you only at 735rwhp he will pull you pretty good. Of course if he's at a normal weight of 180lb give or take.

Edit: 70-75mph is a sweet spot for a stock geared 1K. If he's -1 up front then 55-60 will be his sweet spot.

Did you ever trap 145 on that bike? Whats to stop this car from being a 138mph car or so. Lets factor in your average rider and a 140 ish bike, the car could probably take it.

My friends 09 gisxr 1000 beat my other friends 800 ish whp viper by a little. newer bikes are nasty.

RussZTT

Established Member
Did you ever trap 145 on that bike? Whats to stop this car from being a 138mph car or so. Lets factor in your average rider and a 140 ish bike, the car could probably take it.

My friends 09 gisxr 1000 beat my other friends 800 ish whp viper by a little. newer bikes are nasty.

Personally did I trap it, no. Do I have quite a bit of friends with the same yr that has, yes. I'm also a super mod of Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com and I have read where that is about the average. So im sure its pretty safe to say that is the case.

Lets just say his car can trap 140mph. If a 03 1K traps on average of 145mph it will win obviously. Now lets get a bike with 10rwhp more. Doesn't sound like much HP in car terms but for a bike that is a good amount. Lets say this 165rwhp bike can trap from 145-150 with a good rider in the ¼, im sure its safe to way it will pull the car a bit. Now lets put in the -1 smaller sprocket up front, that will make it trap even higher. Now since this race isn't from a dig sorry, I will put my money on the bike to win this race. :beer:

2003cobraguy

Established Member
All depends on what gear he wants to start in i'd think. even 60mph is first gear range on that bike, if he's willing to push it and thinks he can keep it on the ground.

Best of luck though. should be close regardless.

60 isn't first gear on a -1 tooth sprocket literbike

blown302stng

Established Member
Modded 08 GSXR 1000 > TT 03 cobra at 735rwhp

That bike should trap 145-150mph....Full weight IRS TT cobra is gonna trap 135-140....Factor in Spool time on the street and the cobra will get walked..UNLESS the bike cant keep the front end down or he doesnt know how to ride it

SVT LOL

Established Member
ive raced a couple 1000 and there no slouch. if the guy on the bike can ride, hes gonna win easily.

your best chance is to turn up the wick and start around 60-70 and run him to 180. hes gonna get the jump your gonna have to play catch up

Users who are viewing this thread