Who uses Lucas oil stabilizer?

iLoveCOBRAS_559

Established Member
My 01 cobra is due for an oil change. I like using mobile 1 5w 20 with a mobile 1 oil filter. I been reading about people using lucas oil stabilizer and having positive results. Better gas mileage and extends the life of the engine. Has anyone try this stuff on their cobras? and if so what is your opinion on it? Thank you for your time.

nxhappy

Established Member
I would keep the Lucas out of that motor due to tight oil clearances. Lucas is THICK stuff.

I would recommend Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 and Motorcraft filter.

nxhappy

Established Member
30 weight will be better in the hotter climate

budman5023

Established Member
I use the Synthetic(thinner)Lucas along with Mobil 1 5w20 and m1 filter. I use only 1/2 quart. I only use it on my 4.6 2 valve road race car because of the stock oil pan and high g in the corners. I add the half quart along with the original 6 quarts.
I heard they went from 20 to 30 because of emissions and oil drain back but when it gets hot enough will flow better than cold. I might try switching to 5w30 but I might send in an oil sample first.

4a7191a

Established Member
I'd stay away from 5w20. The 01 Mod motors have the same tolerances of the Shelby that recommends 5w50.

I run rotella T6 5w40 in the power stroke, lightning, mach1 and used it as well with my evo til I sold it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would be wary of pour in additives that claim to increase wear protection, stabilize oil etc, they may not be compatible and/or work well with the formulation/chemical make up of the oil you use long term, causing wear and corrosion in the long run. Many have been proven to reduce the film strength and load carry capacity of good synthetic motor oils. Not saying Lucas specifically is one of them, but a good motor oil does not need to be doctored with this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread