Who tunes your nitrous car?

5bites

Established Member
And are you satisfied?

My na tuner won't touch nitrous (which really sucks) and the people I paid to do my nitrous tune won't get a freakin tune to me so I on the hunt again.

I've considered vmp but we all have heard different things about the time waiting for revisions etc. they also have a good reputation for auto cars.

A gentleman on this site uses jms and is happy but I don't know if many people running them. At least I haven't heard much anyway.

I hope to hear from a known nitrous guy on this site that knows these cars do run well with nitrous and isn't afraid to tune for it. I'll post results if that works out.

Anyway suggestions are very appreciated.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
And are you satisfied?

My na tuner won't touch nitrous (which really sucks) and the people I paid to do my nitrous tune won't get a freakin tune to me so I on the hunt again.

I've considered vmp but we all have heard different things about the time waiting for revisions etc. they also have a good reputation for auto cars.

A gentleman on this site uses jms and is happy but I don't know if many people running them. At least I haven't heard much anyway.

I hope to hear from a known nitrous guy on this site that knows these cars do run well with nitrous and isn't afraid to tune for it. I'll post results if that works out.

Anyway suggestions are very appreciated.

I got rob @ power curve to tune mine... ive got a na tune a 50shot tune and a 150 tune im very pleased with it so far i have went a 6.96 @ 100 in the 1/8th on the 50

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
not always true. I paid top dollar for a Lund tune that ran like crap and he never fixed it! I have had good results with JMS, VMP,and Brenspeed.

not sure about the ones you have said, but i have had very bad luck with bama yes they tried to fix it 3 times and same shitty tune every time... finaly i stopped wasting my time with them and handed it over to rob at power curve motorsports... get yourself some cheap insurance and take your car to a good tuner.

CharlieR

Established Member
JMS, Yes I'm satisfied. I have their Dry N2O kit and the "Tune" is good for the .052(I run this, it's a 100 shot) and .063 jets(150). Using just the kit, a Circle D converter and 265/40/18 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials on 18x10 american Muscle "stock repo" wheels it's been 6.81@100 mph in the 1/8(w/ 502 RWHP). N/A runs 7.7-7.8's(39x rwhp). Should get some "good" 1/4 mile times next weekend(if I get to go) our local "street car series" begins Saturday the 16th.
In the series I'm the last N2O guy left, everyone else went blower, but at one time there were 4 N2O Yotes and JMS tuned 3 of the 4(2 wets and me).

alex12gt

Established Member
Buddy of mine has a lund nitrous tune on 100shot and hasnt had issues i run a bbr blower tune with no issues.....isnt a n20 tun just an na tune with the timing backed off a bit?

Need4Speed03

Established Member
BBR tune here, had to do some tweeks with shiftpoints but Chris worked everything out. My second choice would be JMS. Cant go wrong with either of them, BBR happens to be close to me and I can just drive there and see them. Plus Chris and Steve are good people!

steveofiveo

Established Member
So how do the tunes actually work. Do you have a NA tune and then upload a Nitrous tune when you want to spray ?

thx

s

JMS, Yes I'm satisfied. I have their Dry N2O kit and the "Tune" is good for the .052(I run this, it's a 100 shot) and .063 jets(150). Using just the kit, a Circle D converter and 265/40/18 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials on 18x10 american Muscle "stock repo" wheels it's been 6.81@100 mph in the 1/8(w/ 502 RWHP). N/A runs 7.7-7.8's(39x rwhp). Should get some "good" 1/4 mile times next weekend(if I get to go) our local "street car series" begins Saturday the 16th.
In the series I'm the last N2O guy left, everyone else went blower, but at one time there were 4 N2O Yotes and JMS tuned 3 of the 4(2 wets and me).

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Got a question in regards to tuning for nitrous. Can you drive around on your nitrous tune without using nitrous? Don't want to be spraying all the time, but i don't want to be re-flashing every time i want to run..

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Got a question in regards to tuning for nitrous. Can you drive around on your nitrous tune without using nitrous? Don't want to be spraying all the time, but i don't want to be re-flashing every time i want to run..

Ive done it on my previous n2o cars and not a single issue.

CharlieR

Established Member
So how do the tunes actually work. Do you have a NA tune and then upload a Nitrous tune when you want to spray ?

thx

s
Exactly.

I only use mine at the track but as said by others it's just gonna be a little weaker than an N/A tune. I've run a 20 mile cruise @ our local races on nitrous tune and I drove home 114 miles that way one nite from Hub city dragway. No issuse.

steveofiveo

Established Member
How do you guys confirm/keep an eye on what the motor is doing to make sure everything good ? AFR guage ? hobb switch for fuel pressure etc?

thx

s

CharlieR

Established Member
How do you guys confirm/keep an eye on what the motor is doing to make sure everything good ? AFR guage ? hobb switch for fuel pressure etc?

thx

s
Mine is a dry kit, all fuel is added through the injectors/tune. Every so often I'll data log just to be sure "all is as it should be". (Steady A/F-lambda, commanded and actual, no knock sensor activity, no crazy fuel trim #'s)

Users who are viewing this thread