Who runs a 200 shot on their Coyote?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I did it with a Direct Port.

I dont recall the jet sizes, but the car made right around ~580rwhp on the bottle. I pulled fuel from the stock rail. I also used a progressive setup, but it came on very fast @WOT above 2500rpm (automatic)

Started the car on the bottle at about 17,000 miles....started with 75, then went on to what was about a 150, car passed 20 then 22 and 25K miles all with trips to the track every weekend for test cause it was my shop car. Put the direct port setup on it at about 25K miles, have many passes with the direct port setup on it. All said and done, the motor has about 100 passes on the bottle, a good amount are on the ~200 shot.

Sold the direct port setup, and been rocking it N/A ever since. Car has 50K miles on it and its getting a turbo in the next week or so.

Tuning goes ALONG way!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member

I dont recall the jet sizes, but the car made right around ~580rwhp on the bottle. I pulled fuel from the stock rail. I also used a progressive setup, but it came on very fast @WOT above 2500rpm (automatic)

Started the car on the bottle at about 17,000 miles....started with 75, then went on to what was about a 150, car passed 20 then 22 and 25K miles all with trips to the track every weekend for test cause it was my shop car. Put the direct port setup on it at about 25K miles, have many passes with the direct port setup on it. All said and done, the motor has about 100 passes on the bottle, a good amount are on the ~200 shot.

Sold the direct port setup, and been rocking it N/A ever since. Car has 50K miles on it and its getting a turbo in the next week or so.

Tuning goes ALONG way!

Now this is what I wanted to see! :beer: What times were you running? Mods (gears, intake, etc?) Thanks Mastwolf!

Edit: I just saw time in your sig!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Now this is what I wanted to see! :beer: What times were you running? Mods (gears, intake, etc?) Thanks Mastwolf!

Edit: I just saw time in your sig!

3.31 Gear and a Circle D Converter for mods.

Chris

NitrousExpress

Established Member

Tuning goes ALONG way!

Nice results:)
-Garrett

corysmach1

Established Member

Tuning goes ALONG way!

Bringing up an old thread....what RPM did you pull it too on a 200 shot? Stock oil pump gears ?

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
200 shot on stock rods , no thanks!!! I never read this article in the past but its wild that guys running 200 shot with stock motor, I waited until I built my shortblock before I sprayed 200 shot but then again I put the whole shot in at once through a NX plate kit with MS109 fuel.

corysmach1

Established Member
200 shot on stock rods , no thanks!!! I never read this article in the past but its wild that guys running 200 shot with stock motor, I waited until I built my shortblock before I sprayed 200 shot but then again I put the whole shot in at once through a NX plate kit with MS109 fuel.

I won't go over 150 I'm sure.

KushBandit

Established Member
I won't go over 150 I'm sure.

There's a guy over on another forum that ran a 150 shot all day with no issues. It was when he went to a 200 shot that his stock engine popped. I know that's like saying "he smoked cigarettes all his life but the cigar he smoked killed him", but I've heard of plenty stock engines running a 150 shot with no issues. I think it's in the tuning.

KushBandit

Established Member
It does seem like that's the fine line these motors have. 150 is fine. 200 is carnage.

That seems to go along with what I've read. Anything above 150 and you risk busting a ring land or throwing a rod. I'm planning on running a NX plate kit if I don't like the CJ manifold I'm installing.

If you do go that route, please make a thread. I'm curious about nitrous on a coyote as I've never even driven in a nitrous car haha.

Users who are viewing this thread