Who runs a 200 shot on their Coyote?

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Any of you actually run a 200 wet shot on your stock coyote engine? I know Allkheinz has once, but who does it abit more regularly? What fuel upgrades did you do? Direct port or plate kit? 75,100, & 150 shot are normal so no need to talk about them, theres plenty of info on those. This is specifically for a 200 shot or even larger on stock 5.0. If you link a video please ensure it is actually a 200 shot, as I have seen some that are not, once you read comments below the vids.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Curious for some info as well. Although I definitely will only run no more than 150 if I decide to go this route.

Benchracer

Established Member
I sprayed a 175ish shot on a completely stock car other than a programmer to pull some timing. This was on a single nozzle so I didnt feel comfortable spraying much more. lol. Never got a time with it but the car ran 10.9's with the 150 shot and I ran against a 10.7 car with the 175 shot and was pulling on him pretty hard. Im guessing it would have ran 10.5's. This was on a stick car too .

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I think the motor can handle it, but not all at once. I'd use a controller, or even use 2 stages...
300wtq (200shot) coming in all at once... is the perfect recipe to snap a rod, especially these thin a$$ rods.

Benchracer

Established Member
I think the motor can handle it, but not all at once. I'd use a controller, or even use 2 stages...
300wtq (200shot) coming in all at once... is the perfect recipe to snap a rod, especially these thin a$$ rods.

I have since built my engine and everything looked perfect when I took it out. Higher rpm's is harder on the rods. I never raised my limiter very much.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Do it.......

You back?

Yep, back for now! I definitely may do it when I return. Nitrous Outlet believes the motor can take it, so I may go with a direct port, dual stage w/ 4C or 5C Circle D. If she blows....we build it! " Build, break,..Repeat"! :rockon:

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member

I have the same thoughts on the dual stage! Anymore than the 100 shot off the line would most likely lead to traction issues for the track I run.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
Yep, back for now! I definitely may do it when I return. Nitrous Outlet believes the motor can take it, so I may go with a direct port, dual stage w/ 4C or 5C Circle D. If she blows....we build it! " Build, break,..Repeat"! :rockon:

A 2c would be a better choice on converter for spray

That's my plans, want to pull the 5c out of my car and get it restalled to a 2c. 150shot with a nx plate and a progressive controller. I want to run low 10's on a 20in drag radial

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member

Im kicking around the idea also.....Until then you know where that kit is

benStillerDoIt_zpsad0f2ad1.jpg

corysmach1

Established Member
Im very interested in this also....i run E85 and BBR says they have wet kits and E85 down. Ill either run a 150 plate kit...i really wanna run a 200 direct port or a 200 plate kit with a progressive controller but wanna see what other guys are doing first.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Im very interested in this also....i run E85 and BBR says they have wet kits and E85 down. Ill either run a 150 plate kit...i really wanna run a 200 direct port or a 200 plate kit with a progressive controller but wanna see what other guys are doing first.

I'm in the same boat as you. I want to run a 150 plate kit on E85, just dont know what all i will need to make that happen. Gunna have to give BBR a call since it seems like they do the most with N2O on these cars.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Im running NX Plate 150 shot + E85, if BBR will give me a tune for 200 shot, I will do it! I aint scared! Ive been spraying 150 shot and getting bored, time to pill up. I think a single stage 200 shot with a progressive controller should be fine.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
Im running NX Plate 150 shot + E85, if BBR will give me a tune for 200 shot, I will do it! I aint scared! Ive been spraying 150 shot and getting bored, time to pill up. I think a single stage 200 shot with a progressive controller should be fine.

Do it! What have you run on a 150 shot?

corysmach1

Established Member

Thats awesome! Feel fast? Power numbers or track times? Stock fuel system with 47lb injectors and BAP?

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Do it! What have you run on a 150 shot?

Have not ran it at the track yet.

Thats awesome! Feel fast? Power numbers or track times? Stock fuel system with 47lb injectors and BAP?

yes it moves out pretty violent! I have ID1000s and JMS BAP(from my paxton setup just left them on). Ill have dyno numbers and track times soon.

Users who are viewing this thread