Who purchased a base model 2013 GT500?

SPRAY4U

Established Member
I have a few questions. Does the base model still have the launch control and all those features? Or does that only come with the svt package? Thanks

Dave G

Established Member
Mine is a base model and has launch control, several selectable gauges, adjustable launch rpm, etc. The SVT shift light isn't functional though...unless I'm doing something wrong. I assume there are a few other "gadgets" that you don't get on the base model track apps. I'm not sure though.

Last edited:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Mine is a base model and has launch control, several selectable gauges, adjustable launch rpm, etc. The SVT shift light isn't functional though...unless I'm doing something wrong. I assume there are a few other "gadgets" that you don't get on the base model track apps. I'm not sure though.

Did you try enabling it? :shrug: It's setup to display the logo from factory.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
The only interior feature you don't get with the non-PP (i.e. "base") GT500 is:

* A functional button below and to the left of the steering wheel used as a shortcut to change the suspension setting from Normal to Sport on PP cars.
* Any icon on the center LCD that would have told you what the current suspension setting is.

All track apps, gadgets, instruments, and other functionality is exactly the same. Interior wise, that's it, except:

The non-PP cars have stripes on the shift knob, which is deleted on the PP.

phil123

Established Member
The only interior feature you don't get with the non-PP (i.e. "base") GT500 is:

* A functional button below and to the left of the steering wheel used as a shortcut to change the suspension setting from Normal to Sport on PP cars.
PP.

I don't belive it is just a shortcut the shocks themselves are different. The SVTP has adjustable Bilsteins where the base model doesn't.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I don't belive it is just a shortcut the shocks themselves are different. The SVTP has adjustable Bilsteins where the base model doesn't.

Yes, that is true. The non-PP cars have different (non-adjustable) shocks. I was just explaining what was different on the interior features / functions in response to the earlier posts about launch control and track apps.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I looked through every menu 3 times...I can't find the shift light enable, just the launch rpm. Are you sure it comes with the base model track apps?

Yes it does. All instrumentation is the same on both models. You can also set the rpm for the shift light.

Dave G

Established Member
Yes it does. All instrumentation is the same on both models. You can also set the rpm for the shift light.
Could you please tell me specifically how to do it? I'm having a case of stupid and I can't find it in the owner's manual or the supplement. Someone with a base model who has done it please, I don't have the cylinder head temperature readout on mine either. I have a funny feeling that this functionality only comes with the SVT package...or my interface needs reprogrammed. Car was built in December

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
First you've got to turn ON shift light.
Second, SET shift point.

Done.

well.... I guess you have to rev the motor to the set rpm before the light comes on... that might be your problem :)

Dave G

Established Member
OK...I'm really pissed now. I can't find the shift light option.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I figured the black on the shifter came with black stripes and stripe deletes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread