Who makes the best CAI?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
IMO there isnt really a "best" cai... all the gains are nearly the same. im running a k&n fipk, and dont have any complaints.

agentf1

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
IMO there isnt really a "best" cai... all the gains are nearly the same. im running a k&n fipk, and dont have any complaints.
About what are the gains I should expect? Right now I am just running a drop in K&N.

Does anybody have a JDM unit? It is just a big cone but also has an attachment that pulls air from the fender which I am guessing helps cut cool the air coming from the engine compartment.

Johnny Lightning has a real nice unit with the forced air scoop down under the bumper but I would be afraid of sucking water since mine is a DD.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
i run air force one with power tube. its really just what u wanna spend or what u want it to look like.

fullboogie

Established Member
The JLP is what I have, and it started rusting and falling apart (at the cheap tack welds) in less than a year. I'd look elsewhere - lots of people have reported this problem.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
For the PRICE and the actual Performance you cant beat the JLT... huge filter (which boosted cars love) and simple install... you could add a scoop to it if you wanted... but for $170 take it as it is...

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
If i were to buy one i would go with Chickenears set up. Much better scoop than the JLP setup and i like the look of the box itself better. But i got a JLP kit for free so i cant bitch

SVT Physicist

Fellow Believer in Ford
Established Member
I just installed a KN CAI tonight. I like the way the truck screams now. Its very entertaining. Only thing bad about the install one of the screw plastic inlet valve fittings was larger than the plastic threading on the intake. So, the situation was remedied by using a corresponding metal pipe thread piece and rethreading the intake. Worked like a charm. Also, I believe its the PCV tube is to short. But, I just capped this off for now until I remove that system all together.

Users who are viewing this thread