Who makes the best CAI for an 04 L

agentf1

Established Member
Who makes the best CAI for an 04 L? I am thinking about going with JDM's since it is fairly reasonable and I will probably be letting them put on a pulley/tune and plugs next. My only concern is it does not have any heat shields and will be pulling warm air from the engine compartment. It does have the tube that goes into the fender for cool air but the majority of the filter is under the hood.

What does everybody else have?

Thoughts?

image.php

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
i have the JLP one.
it has, like you said, an opening under the hood that allows hot air into the intake. it also has a tube that goes to just below the front bumper to bring in cold air. only problem with that is you have to be moving to suck in the cold air from that low.
i am actually going to put a solid sheet of plastic or metal, insulated and place on the vent in the engine compartment to help keep the intake temps down.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm using the stock intake.

I don't care for that one, since it lets in the heat from the engine.

Rook

Established Member
the jdm is good i have a jlp. the box dont do no differ. look at the whipple its not in a box. its like putting a box in the oven it still gets hot. good luck.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Ive got a chickenears cool aid setup. I love this thing flat out :)
Ill be adding the ram air to mine soon too. they have the cleanest ram air setup bar none

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
air force one uses the same elbow as chickenears intake but uses a huge s&b filter. i ran this setup for about 3 years with no problem. i went back to the stock intake and have my air force one with tube for sale in the market section

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Wish someone would make something equal to the densecharger for stangs, for these trucks.

On my stang I have a decent sized peice of plastic tubing that goes clear down the passenger fender. I don't see yet why a kit couldn't be made to do that for these trucks.

silveraider

Established Member
Ive got the BBK CAI, and i come with the elbow, Filter, sheild, and matching rubber connnectors, i love it.. i got it from SLP but i think i got it as they were reducing inventory because i got it on the discount section.. but either way bump for bbk

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
This is the one I had on the mustang :

cleaninstall9sys.jpg

sys8-220d.jpg

It used to come with a LOT bigger K&N filter than shown there too. Something like this for the L would be cool maybe? That went down closer to the ground?

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I have the Chickenears Stage 3 Cool-aid and it is worth every penny. Save yourself the money and time and just buy it off the bat. I had an open cone setup and my IATs are way lower with the Chickenears setup and Tims customer service is second to none. Matt

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Wish someone would make something equal to the densecharger for stangs, for these trucks.

On my stang I have a decent sized peice of plastic tubing that goes clear down the passenger fender. I don't see yet why a kit couldn't be made to do that for these trucks.

Im not a fan of sticking the filter down there near water. A buddy of mine just learned the hard way about 2 weeks ago.
ill stick with the chickenears ram air setup and call that as close to a fener setup as possible ha ha

ViciousJay

Established Member
I have the Chickenears Stage 3 Cool-aid and it is worth every penny. Save yourself the money and time and just buy it off the bat. I had an open cone setup and my IATs are way lower with the Chickenears setup and Tims customer service is second to none. Matt

your paying for more bling then anything, i can make the ram air and everything at home depot and paint it for 1/10 the cost

MJG

Established Member
I have the AEM Bruteforce, it has a heat shield, open at the top. Its 98 mm. I Like it, no complaints here.
mjg-albums-truck-picture7111-bay1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread