Who makes exhaust with no DRONE???

svt2205

Established Member
I need help from 93 Cobra owners. I want to find an exhaust system that I can install on my 93 that will get rid of that DAM droning between 1800 & 2100 rpm. I'm currently running and totally sick of my 2 chamber flowmasters. Has anyone tried either the Dynomax Super Turbo's or Ultra Flows? Will they eliminate the drone? I'm not really thrilled about paying the price Steeda want's for their ultra flow sleepers.
HELP!!

Thanks
Henry

------------------
93 Cobra #2205
91 Harley Davidson

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
i've heard some friends say they run the stock mufflers with an xpipe or hpipe and get decent performance with no drone...i have the stock exhaust still on mine and its extremely quiet!!!!

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I consider it more of a sweet spot in the exhaust than a drone, that's where my exhaust is the loudest.....

svt2205

Established Member
Looking back I wish I kept my stock exhaust. I did have a nice sound with an off road pipe.

Once upon a time, I didn't mind the drone or sweet spot as you called it. Now after 7 years of 2 chambers. It's time for a mellower change.

Thanks guys!!!
Henry

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Just my $.02 but I have tried several exhaust systems (Flowmasters, Dynomax Ultra's, Mac Flowpath, Borla and Bassani) on various 5.0L Mustangs I have owned and ALL of them drone at 1800 - 2100 RPM cruising speed. On my Cobra I plan to try a Bassani X-Pipe and Stock Mufflers in hopes of eliminating the drone. :D

95rcobra

If you want to keep the stock exhaust with the x-pipe and eliminate the drone tone go one step better than stock and use the FRPP exhaust systems from the catalog. they are priced well and fit exactly the same as the stock systems plus Ford Racing says they will flow 7% better than the stock exhaust. thats what I would do. just my .02 opinion. thanks 95rcobra.

Users who are viewing this thread