Who makes a good highflow X or H pipe?

DamageInc

Banned
I already have the Flowmaster American Thunder catback on my 2001 and want to put a good high flow pipe on now. What is going to sound more like the old 5.0's with offroad and flows, X or H? And what is flowmasters loudest 2 chamber, the American Thunder catback isnt that loud and the mufflers are freaking huge, I think there is a different 40 series that is louder than what i have.
So anyways, I know that BBK,Dr.Gas,Bassani,and MAC all make pipes offroad or highflow, which one has good converters and fits good? And what about the flowmasters?

fangstang

Established Member
Well, I have a BBK off-road-X-pipe on my 2001 coupe, and it sounds amazing! I wouldnt do an H-pipe, because you'll lose some mid-upper RPM power. When I first had the pipe installed, I remember taking it out for a spin and was absolutly amazed to see such an increase in mid-upper rpm power. I know some guy in my town that has a 99 cobra with 2-chamber flows and a catted BBK X-pipe, and it sounds amazing too! Believe me, go with the Offroad X-pipe from BBK, you wont be disappointed! Besides, everyone with Flows get H-pipes, and I think its been played out a long time ago.

YELL-OSNAKE

Established Member
I have a bassani x/w cats....I really like the pipe, you do lose a little bit of low end grunt with an x-pipe over a h-pipe....and my 2001 cobra already lacks low end grunt from the factory....but 4000rpm, and above it seems like a supercharger kicking in. I also have flowmasters...deltaflows (supposed to drone less...less the what, a diesel backhoe), but I love the sound...It has a nascar vehicle sound to it, real sweet, haven't had a complaint yet on the sound, everyone tells me it sounds badass. :)

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by YELL-OSNAKE
I have a bassani x/w cats....I really like the pipe, you do lose a little bit of low end grunt with an x-pipe over a h-pipe....and my 2001 cobra already lacks low end grunt from the factory....but 4000rpm, and above it seems like a supercharger kicking in. I also have flowmasters...deltaflows (supposed to drone less...less the what, a diesel backhoe), but I love the sound...It has a nascar vehicle sound to it, real sweet, haven't had a complaint yet on the sound, everyone tells me it sounds badass. :)

Thats what I'm talkin' about! After 4000rpms, it literaly screams! I remember a few times last fall-early winter when I took my car out for a trip, and hit it real hard in second after 4000rpm and it scared the shit outta me, and thats happened on a few occassions!

Users who are viewing this thread