Who Listens to the Radio When They Race?

04Screamer

Established Member
I have always turned it off thinking it would be a distraction. What about you guys?

MACHIN U

Established Member
I turn it down so I can hear the sweet sound of the car next to me. It's also a lot easier to hear the car take off then see it. You're better able to react and downshift when you hear him launch.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I can't have it on at all, drives me nuts trying to listen and race at the same time. I think I focus more on the music than shifting and launching:shurg:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I leave it just loud enough at the track to not overpower engine and tire scrub noises. Mostly for inspiration when waiting in a staging line. At auto-x I play it louder, keeps the rythum goin :rockon:

hj16

Established Member
Crank that shit up!!! I have it mellow in the staging lanes, then soon as the window goes up the system goes to MAX volume:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

It helps me loose the distractions. All I have to pay attention to is the lights. Although I always end up turning it off when I slam my fist into the dash on the 2-3:-D

Blackgeetee

Established Member
No way in hell unless I had an automatic. I need to listen to the car, even when looking at the tach...:beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
I did a few freeway races last night with some fast camaros and I had the radio on, but at a reasonable level so I could hear their cars and my own (detonation and shifting). I also had some good racing beats on too!!

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I cant....I need to hear everything going on.....I still get the clutch pedal shakes when I am sitting at the line.....and I have been at the line alot.....I just love that feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread