Who is using a UPR belt tensionor for their blower belt?

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
*tensioner

I recently swapped out my stock tensioner for a UPR unit because the stock one was bouncing around at idle and the belt jumped off the tensioner twice this summer.

The nice thing about the stock one was that I had no belt slip and it also has indicators as to how tight the belt should be. The UPR one does not so I'm not sure how tight is too tight. Right now my UPR is bouncing around like crazy at idle and I'm getting belt slip. I also have a metco manual pulley tensioner so I tightened this up quite a bit but I'm still seeing the same problem.

The UPR unit has a little screw in it that shows where the tension is. What does everyone have this set to? If you can provide a picture that would be great... I'll take a pic of mine when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
0910142056Small_zpsd85fea62.jpg

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I had the same exact tensioner, nice looking billet piece but very weak tension in my opinion, bounced around a lot! It didn't last a year snapped on me last week doing a belt swap. I went back to the stock. I thought it was the cause of my belt jumping a rib on the crank all the time but it wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread