Who is the best tuner in Texas?? Preferably South Texas??

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I am looking for someone to tune my Cobra. I want to know who has had some excellent results, especially on driveability. I am thinking, maybe the car needs a fresh tune, and maybe a smaller pulley.:thumbsup:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I am looking for someone to tune my Cobra. I want to know who has had some excellent results, especially on driveability. I am thinking, maybe the car needs a fresh tune, and maybe a smaller pulley.:thumbsup:

i drove seven hours from corpus to go to Manny at HPP in DFW (Lewisville). I just have a 2.76 upper only....but he came highly recommended and my car is a daily driver. I have put 18,000 dd miles since he tuned it and drag raced 3 passes at HRP in Baytown. It traps 119+ in the 1/4 and ran 11.8 on a crappy 2.0 60ft with a 3950 race weight and like i said, thats only 3 total passes in the car. Real tires and a ballsy launch would produce much lower results. I highly recommend Manny and it's worth the trip IMO. This car makes amazing tq for an upper only unported eaton.

Last edited:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
i drove seven hours from corpus to go to Manny at HPP in DFW (Lewisville). I just have a 2.76 upper only....but he came highly recommended and my car is a daily driver. I have put 18,000 dd miles since he tuned it and drag raced 3 passes at HRP in Baytown. It traps 119+ in the 1/4 and ran 11.8 on a crappy 2.0 60ft with a 3950 race weight and like i said, thats only 3 total passes in the car. Real tires and a ballsy launch would produce much lower results. I highly recommend Manny and it's worth the trip IMO. This car makes amazing tq for an upper only unported eaton.

Wow, there is other life in CC with a Cobra!! I was beginning to think I was the only one!! I think I met ya one day at the Discount tire.

Anyone heard of gearheads performance in Arlington.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
hpp is 4hrs from my casa. thats were i would go if i had a twin screw or port, till then the guy tunning my ride will do just fine lol... manny can tune ur ride with ur Diablo Predator or sct !
idk but i here some bad stuff comming from gearheads thats just what i hear?

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I would have to say Travis Franklin at GearHeads!

That is who tuned the car originally. He is out of town right now. I am planning on talking to him next week. It is a long drive for me to get there. I was hoping somewhere maybe in SA or Houston the furthest. Maybe even Austin.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I go to PSI Motorsports in Houston and it's been good for me. The only problem is ,phone wise, it's really hard to get a hold of anyone at the shop. HPP or Triangle in Orange are pretty good also.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i hear good things about PSI onthe L boards.

this is where i will be going .. prepare for a few hours to tune if you go to patrick at PSI ... he likes to cool the car down completely between each pull ... but i hear good things from him from ppl i know whove been

stay clear from strictly is ALLLL i ever hear

AaronK

Established Member
I take my car to HPP to get it tuned. I can say I'm 100% happy with Manny's tuning on my car and many others that I've seen up there. They are a little ways away from Houston though.

I can't say I've heard many good things about Stricly. But then again, that's only what I've heard.

Wow, there is other life in CC with a Cobra!! I was beginning to think I was the only one!! I think I met ya one day at the Discount tire.

Anyone heard of gearheads performance in Arlington.

Yes, Gearheads is a reputable performance shop around the dfw area. I have a lot of friends that are very happy with their tunes and service.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

hmmm, was this the one over by the fudruckers and wallymart? I think i remember you then. Good luck with the car where ever you decide to take it! A good tune is worth the piece of mind, especially with an aftermarket blower! :coolman:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Nope, it was at the one on Greenwood. I was talking to a guy with a mystic conv., and he had a mod list similar to yours. heck, it was probably a year ago or so now.

Users who are viewing this thread