Who is into building PC's/Gaming rigs?

Kiohtee

Established Member
At least you guys are playing online! I bought CS:GO and have yet to do anything but play against bots. Lol

gs98cobra

Established Member
Love it, love it, love it! Awesome job man!

Also, what was needed to achieve 5.1GHz @ 1.296V?! That is crazy!
Delid the CPU silicon lottery for a good chip and any good AIO water cooler. I just got a good one. Ive built 2 other PC's with the I 7 7600k and one got to 4.8 and one 5.0 its a crap shoot.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm at 5.0GHz @ 1.34V, so I don't think mine is shabby by no means. Maybe I'll try for 5.1 though? Hmmm. Silicon Lottery delid and AIO cooler here as well.

Equalbracket

Established Member
You have a GTX 1080 and play everything on low?!

Yes lol. I played so much competitive 1.6 that graphics don't mean a thing to me personally, I want the highest fps and smoothest play possible. If I put everything on ultra in BF4 I'm sure it would dip below 144fps every now and then and that's just not worth it to me, even tho there is absolutely zero competitive scene for bf4 I just cant at all get into cs go, I miss 1.6.

Btw your desk is awesome! I went to order one and shipping is as much as the damn desk, so i'll be driving to Round Rock I guess. I highly recommenced a DX racer chair btw,well worth the $.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
It took 1.4V, but I guess my 7700K is officially capable of 5.1GHz stably. I've backed it down to 5.0/1.34 since this is a 24/7 OC and I'm just not comfortable with 1.4V 24/7.

My Cinebench score of 1088 is at the 5.0GHz/1.34V setting.
My Cinebench score of 1111 is at the 5.1GHz/1.4V setting.

My CPU-Z bench score thrown in for good measure.

Yes lol. I played so much competitive 1.6 that graphics don't mean a thing to me personally, I want the highest fps and smoothest play possible. If I put everything on ultra in BF4 I'm sure it would dip below 144fps every now and then and that's just not worth it to me, even tho there is absolutely zero competitive scene for bf4 I just cant at all get into cs go, I miss 1.6.

Btw your desk is awesome! I went to order one and shipping is as much as the damn desk, so i'll be driving to Round Rock I guess. I highly recommenced a DX racer chair btw,well worth the $.

You have officially inspired me to take a look at my games on lesser settings to see if I can deal with the hit in visuals for the increase in performance. Also, I highly recommend the Fredde desk. It's a beast construction-wise, but very simple to put together. Be aware though, it attracts fingerprints like no other.

As far as my choice in chair... yeah. This IKEA piece wasn't my first choice, but I'm a little large for more sporty/mainstream chairs. I am, however, down 32lbs. So maybe by the end of summer I'll feel confident enough to purchase and use one.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
It took 1.4V, but I guess my 7700K is officially capable of 5.1GHz stably. I've backed it down to 5.0/1.34 since this is a 24/7 OC and I'm just not comfortable with 1.4V 24/7.

You have officially inspired me to take a look at my games on lesser settings to see if I can deal with the hit in visuals for the increase in performance. Also, I highly recommend the Fredde desk. It's a beast construction-wise, but very simple to put together. Be aware though, it attracts fingerprints like no other.

As far as my choice in chair... yeah. This IKEA piece wasn't my first choice, but I'm a little large for more sporty/mainstream chairs. I am, however, down 32lbs. So maybe by the end of summer I'll feel confident enough to purchase and use one.

Very nice, my 6700k can only hit 1022 at 4.7ghz on cinebench. I think my 5820k at 4.7ghz was a 1,389 on c15

Kiohtee

Established Member
I would LOVE something like a 6950X, because lets face it, enough is never enough. But I don't have $1,700 **** you money for a CPU that will only benefit me in benchmarks and programs I will never use.

mr2cam

Established Member
rsz_20170325_174334.jpg
Well since my main machine got a 1080ti that meants my media server / vr station got an upgrade to a 1080, man it was a tight fit!

Equalbracket

Established Member

Sweet, it's definitely not the opinion of most, but competitive wise to me its a fair advantage to have everything on low and never a single dip in fps, as having a 144 hz monitor I cap my fps at 145 and it never budges, ever. Most people like the eye candy but I prefer the best performance.

And as far as the chair goes, they're not smaller then your current chair, but the design and additional back support and all the other little things, arms raise/lower, lumbar support etc honest it's amazing and they're so comfortable and you wouldn't have any problem with its size. They do seem pretty pricey but I promise they are worth the extra coin.

I've sat in it for hours and not once have I ever had any kind of ache, but I had a continuing education class for my job and sat in this horrible pos chair for 6 h ours and I was wore out and sore the next day and didnt even do anything lol.

Wish Ikea was closer, it must weigh liker 300 lbs cause $170 shipping is nuts.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I dropped GTA V and Battlefield 1 to their minimum settings earlier, and while there is a noticeable difference, you'd be silly to say the games look bad that way. The constant 144FPS is definitely nice though. I think you've convinced me.

Also, I bought a Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS this evening!

6.0GTO

Established Member
I would LOVE something like a 6950X, because lets face it, enough is never enough. But I don't have $1,700 **** you money for a CPU that will only benefit me in benchmarks and programs I will never use.

Get a job with intel and the products become very much affordable. I think up to 3 CPU's per year and five 750 series SSD's

6.0GTO

Established Member
I have a stand alone 6000 BTU A/C unit used for cooling electrical e-boxes. Feeding very cold air to the case and all fans oriented for exhaust. Anyone else going overkill for cooling? With dry ass Colorado air I have not had any condensation issues.

I think I am going to convert to a custom loop with an external custom case containing the radiators,fans and pumps. With a pass through to feed the main case with cold air for motherboard cooling. We have Makrolon and carbon fiber-aluminum honey comb center sheets that I think I'll use for the box. Maybe some 8020 extruded aluminum for the frame.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Anybody currently active in this thread looking for a PC or just browsing and wishing you could join the party but don't have the first idea how to, my 'old' system is officially for sale!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD
Memory: Cruical Ballistix Sport LT 1x8GB
Storage 1: Silicon Power Slim S55 120GB SSD
Storage 2: 1TB 7200RPM HDD (either Seagate or Western Digital, I don't recall)
GPU: ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
PSU: EVGA 600B
Accessories: NZXT HUE+
Case: NZXT S340 Razer Edition

Will also come with a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed.

PM or post in here if interested. Thanks!

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Just went through and cleaned mine again, it went from being "shh" quiet fans to fk it real fast, lol. Great nightlight tho, and building/upgrading is more addicting then drugs and my new 1080ti comes in tomorrow. I won't go as far as making a custom water loop tho or fancy ram, as far as cable management that went to the fk table to as I change stuff quite often.

o7spb7.jpg

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Anybody currently active in this thread looking for a PC or just browsing and wishing you could join the party but don't have the first idea how to, my 'old' system is officially for sale!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD
Memory: Cruical Ballistix Sport LT 1x8GB
Storage 1: Silicon Power Slim S55 120GB SSD
Storage 2: 1TB 7200RPM HDD (either Seagate or Western Digital, I don't recall)
GPU: ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
PSU: EVGA 600B
Accessories: NZXT HUE+
Case: NZXT S340 Razer Edition

Will also come with a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed.

PM or post in here if interested. Thanks!

If you separate the parts, I'd be interested until the video card depending on age/price and of course if you're willing to separate.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've actually decided to keep my original rig and use it solely for my racing/driving games. Even went so far as to buy another desk (not another Fredde though) and mount my wheels and pedals to/under it. So I basically have two battlestations now.

I'm really thinking about an i5-6500/6600 to replace my bottlenecking 6400.

Users who are viewing this thread