Who is interested in 99/01 Cobra front bumpers?!

prokill00

Established Member
I apologize if this is in the wrong section, please move if need be.

A friend of mine notified me of this company, 6LE Designs, after he bought a custom bumper from them for the 93-97 Camaro that added the lower half of a 98-02 Camaro bumper. They had a mold made and started making these bumpers. When I told my friend of the difficulty trying to locate a 99/01 Cobra bumper he told me to get in touch with this company so I did and this was their response:

ScreenShot2013-12-09at10059AM_zpsd9ac9cb2.gif

So I am here to ask you all, who is interested in getting these bumpers remade? There is much interest out there for them. Lets make it happen so we can all get that desired look we want for the front end of our new edge Mustangs. I am not involved with this company at all. I simply got in touch with them asking if they would be interested and I am forwarding on their response in hopes that we can get this bumper back in production.

swedensky

Established Member
IMO making more will ruin the look because they will become a common or out played bumper. Those who "pay to play" now get them and I think that's working fine.

But I sold my new edge anyway so I guess my opinion doesn't matter!

prokill00

Established Member
IMO making more will ruin the look because they will become a common or out played bumper. Those who "pay to play" now get them and I think that's working fine.

But I sold my new edge anyway so I guess my opinion doesn't matter!

To each his own, it may be overplayed on the internet, but not in my town, and its also not my concern. I am just looking to get my car to look the way I want it to. I'm not building it to meet anyone else's expectations, I'm building it because it meets mine. I know no one in my town has a Mach 1, let alone with the 99/01 or even 03/04 cobra bumper. Of course the 'pay to play' motto is working fine for you, because your not even playing! LOL:bash:

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Obviously as manufacturing goes, the first few runs of a part are going to be expensive because the manufacturer has to pay for the tooling and make their money back to make it worthwhile for them. While the current price is also too rich for me, there are literally 100's of people who would gladly pay that to have the bumper. Once those few hundred, or thousand people pay $550, maybe the price will come down. I could guarantee if this was posted on every mustang forum on the internet (or a good chunk at least), he would have some serious business.

On the flip side, people are going bananas for them because they are pretty rare to attain. As mentioned above, once more people get them, demand might possibly go down and prices people are willing to pay will go down as well. Supply and demand my friends!

I will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure, definitely curious how this goes!!

alivingmustang1

Established Member
As the new Mustang rolls in, I just can't see that kind of demand for a New Edge front bumper on a car that is rapidly losing value.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if the demand was really there, it would have been produced many years ago when the cars were newer.

IMO, the problem with the bumper is the funny upward curve which doesn't match the body lines. The SVT team knew this when designing the 2000 Cobra and the 2003-2004 Cobra. In the early prototypes of the Terminator bumper, they actually hacked-up the 1999/2001 Cobra bumper in order to make it parallel to the ground. If the 1999/2001 Cobra bumper had been designed to be parallel to the ground, then I'm sure the demand for it would have been there many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread