Who is going to win?

MySvt21

2003 Cobra Vert
Established Member
I have a 98 svt contour, anyways my friend wants to race me in his 93 mustang gt. He has a 5 speed, exhaust and cold air intake. I am stock as of now. What would be the outcome from a stop and also from a roll.

Travis

Steeltwo

Established Member
from a stop he'll win

low roll he should still in
mainly due to the 300+ lbs of torque.

up top

could be close

but how much of an exhaust?

just a cat back of headers back?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
if he can drive, either way he should win....if he can't drive you may be able to take him.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
You could win from a roll. More likely at higher speeds. We have a much lower CD and comparable HP to weight ratios.

No chance beating the TQ and RWD from a stop though.

PhatSVT

Established Member
I remember arguing with some guy on CEG about something similar. He said his CSVT can beat 99+ GT's. I told him my stock '02 went 13.9 @ 101 MPH. Would love to see a SVT with few bolt on's do this.

Anyways, I have owned an '86 GT. Bone stock it dynoed 180 RWHP and 275 RWTQ. With a 2.2 sixty foot the car went 15.0 @ 93 MPH. I have seen plenty SVT's running this.

Your race will be matter of driver. Just slip the clutch and leave the line first.

MySvt21

2003 Cobra Vert
Established Member
thanks for all the advice, by the way i did win by about two car lengths, it was a driver race, he dumped the clutch and spun which gave me what i needed to stay in front of him.

Travis

97LT1Ws6

Elty Juan
Established Member
Wasnt the 1993 mustang gt the slowest of them all due to the amount of emmision regulations that made the hp and tq drop?
i think the svt could possibly win given the 93 gts were rated at 200hp and 275 tq i beleive. like i said possibly, not probably :)

91HellCat

Established Member
My roommate has a 93 GT (automatic) with a cold air intake and full mac exhaust. I get him everytime off the line with my CSVT (mods in sig) and on up to 60mph. I think he would get me if he took out the 3.08 and put in a lower gear.

Users who are viewing this thread