Who is a good tuner who uses Diablo tuning software?

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
In my quest for a good email tuner the best of the best seem to use SCT. The problem is I already own a Predator and I just can swallow the cost of a new SCT Xcal2 or 3 yet. I know Amazon uses Diablo and everyone seems to praise their expertise, but my PM is still unanswered and a call from a few weeks ago is still un-returned. Not really interested in a tune from them since they are this unresponsive before I pay. No bashing here... I realize they are very busy and my situation is a little different that your standard pulley and cam upgrade tune.

RWTD sold me my original Predator and the tune was bang on but getting a response from them is no longer possible.

I don't know who else uses this software.

Who has the ability to send me a tune for what I am doing? I know the Diablo software has the ability to turn off transmission controls.

Built block on Whipple with a 6 speed manual.

Dusten

Established Member
i always had a hard time getting someone from amazon to pm me back, but my phone calls never went un answered, odd.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I haven't used him yet but,from seeing him in MMFF and FTPM mags,I am told that
Willie Figueroa from Diablo is very good.This info.is comming also from alot of So.
Fla.L owner's.

I will PM you his cell#.I hope it is still current........

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Come on Scott... All that money spent on mods and you can't swallow the cost of an XCal2????:shrug: Just bite the bullet and go with a superior product. Unlock the Predator and maybe you can make back some of your money on eBay.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
hermmm... i gotta call rick tomorrow anyway ill see if he even got your voice mail. also who did you PM rick or linn?

I sent it to Linn.

Come on Scott... All that money spent on mods and you can't swallow the cost of an XCal2????:shrug: Just bite the bullet and go with a superior product. Unlock the Predator and maybe you can make back some of your money on eBay.

Yeah, yeah.... I guess I deserve that. I am days away from driving it for the first time and guess I am just getting impatient. I also have alot of cash into the research side of things as well and its getting old really fast. When you are doing the 6 speed swap for the first time, and no one is willing to help in regards to information sharing (like the folks at Bennett Coach Works or a shop here in Canada that has done the swap), the need comes for parts that get bought for test fit and never actually get used. I have 3 different slave cylinders, 2 hard hydraulic lines, and probably $100 worth of specialty bolts and fittings. This is all on top of the extra stuff that Mike bought.

I sure hope someone finds the swap info useful and maybe improves on what I did...

On a encouraging note, I got the transmission installed tonight.

Stan, sent you a note bud...

Scotty

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
In my quest for a good email tuner the best of the best seem to use SCT. The problem is I already own a Predator and I just can swallow the cost of a new SCT Xcal2 or 3 yet. I know Amazon uses Diablo and everyone seems to praise their expertise, but my PM is still unanswered and a call from a few weeks ago is still un-returned. Not really interested in a tune from them since they are this unresponsive before I pay. No bashing here... I realize they are very busy and my situation is a little different that your standard pulley and cam upgrade tune.

RWTD sold me my original Predator and the tune was bang on but getting a response from them is no longer possible.

I don't know who else uses this software.

Who has the ability to send me a tune for what I am doing? I know the Diablo software has the ability to turn off transmission controls.

Built block on Whipple with a 6 speed manual.

I just checked my PMs and I do not have one from you..I usually answer them as soon as I get them unless it is over the weekend when I am not in the shop from Friday until Monday...if you dont have a responce from us we didnt get your messages...

I understand your impression and apologize but we dont know someone is trying to get ahold of us if it is not getting through to us in the first place...we always try to never have a back log of calls,PM or emails longer that a few days..

posting in our forum is probably the fastest way to alert us of miscommunication issues....

you will get many opinions about which tuner to use..and good and bad feed back on any of them...

if you still want to talk to Rick I will have him call you asap ..if not I understand and best to you on your quest for your perfect tuner...

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
...I know Amazon uses Diablo and everyone seems to praise their expertise, but my PM is still unanswered and a call from a few weeks ago is still un-returned. Not really interested in a tune from them since they are this unresponsive before I pay. No bashing here... I realize they are very busy and my situation is a little different that your standard pulley and cam upgrade tune....

I can't speek for the no responce, but something most have been lost in the proccess, they have always gotten back to me. But anyways, what I wanted to say is that I think you are mistaken when you say they don't pay attention to you befor you pay. When I first started working with them, I was in some money issues, and they still sent the e-mail tunes, time and time again until it was perfict, and it wasn't until I went to thier shop and did the dyno tune a few months later did I finally settle my debt with them. Lynn and Rick will bend over backwards to help you out as long as you are straight up, honest, and polite. Not saying you aren't. But I think you should give them another shot, call them up during normal hours, or start a thread on thier forum here on SVTP. :beer:

Good luck either way you chose.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
I just checked my PMs and I do not have one from you..I usually answer them as soon as I get them unless it is over the weekend when I am not in the shop from Friday until Monday...if you dont have a responce from us we didnt get your messages...

I understand your impression and apologize but we dont know someone is trying to get ahold of us if it is not getting through to us in the first place...we always try to never have a back log of calls,PM or emails longer that a few days..

posting in our forum is probably the fastest way to alert us of miscommunication issues....

you will get many opinions about which tuner to use..and good and bad feed back on any of them...

if you still want to talk to Rick I will have him call you asap ..if not I understand and best to you on your quest for your perfect tuner...

Thanks for getting back to me Linn. I appreciate your post. I am not trying to come down on Amazon and I probably should have just left Amazon right out of this. Sorry about that. I went through my sent PM's and sent you the note on April 7th and called about a week earlier and left a message. Looks like I just slipped through the cracks. I have heard nothing but good things about Ricks ability to tune a SVT.

I would have loved to speak with Rick but, I ended up reluctantly buying an Xcal 2 today. My first choice was to use the Predator but finding someone who was, 1. knowledgable and 2. responsive was a small battle. Again... I am sure I just slipped through the cracks. Thanks again Linn and Derrek for chiming in. You folks are a great addition to the community.

I still have a 04 Mustang GT to tune and already have a predator for that. I just have to install the Trick Flow intake on it. I will post in your forum more about that and get Rick to Dial that in.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
NP...like I said before..if you are not getting a responce from us..just post up in our forum and let us know that you are trying to contact us...don't assume that we are too busy or dont want to earn your business...I always tell anyone who I talk to that if we arent getting back to you in 1-2 days unless we are out of the shop..we didnt get your message..

the reason we have spent the money to have DS,SCT and Sniper is so no customer HAS to switch from the tuning product they have already purchased..

Users who are viewing this thread