Who here snowboards?

tdschst

Established Member
Who snowboards and what type of setup do you have? Right now I have a 5150 shifter board (154), Burton P1 bindings, and just picked up a new pair of Burton Hail boots last week. I've had my board for about 2 years now and thinking about getting a new one. Really leaning towards the Never Summer SL. Anybody have experience with Never Summer? I hear the board is absolutely ridiculous and plus it comes with a 3 year warranty which is nice.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
This is my second year boarding now. Loads of fun. My second day up last season I was already carving forward. By the end of last season I was hitting Blacks, as well as jumps in the terrain park.

Only been once so far this season though.

Right now I'm using an '08? Ride Agenda w/ride LX,EX (can't remember) bindings, and 2010 k2 boots. Basically the most affordable decent set up I could find.

After this season, I'm going to get a Ride Machete when they go on sale with some good bindings and even though my boots are awesome for what I paid, I'll probably get new boots to go with it just because.

I really need a new jacket and pants though. I'm rocking an oakley boarding jacket with some plain gray pants.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
I've been riding for about 8 years now, and have rode never summer since I've owned boards. I have a never summer around 154 or 156 can't remember exactly, I run flow bindings and DC boots that I've had for forever. In all its a good setup but I'm looking at going more towards get more burton or ride setup next so I can more into the park riding.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I am going to learn this year. I went once 15 years ago and almost killed myself.

Dude you live in WY and don't snowboard??

I used to ride a lot and had a Burton board and Burton bindings, but I got rid of my set up a couple of years ago. I have bad knees and it was really hard on them. I'm hoping to start going up again in the next few years.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I've been boarding about 8 years now as well. I have Burton boots, bindings and a Rossignol fatboard. I don't know what model of each, but they work and have had no problems. Crested Butte is my mountain of choice.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I'm a big skier....tried snowboarding once and had to long of a board and it was horrible for me. Props to the boarders who aren't oblivious while out boarding.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I'm a big skier....tried snowboarding once and had to long of a board and it was horrible for me. Props to the boarders who aren't oblivious while out boarding.

I skied for about 8 years before I started snowboarding, it's definitely a huge change. I like the challenge, though. :D

wjk

Established Member
I've been boarding for about 10 years now. It definitely helped when the mountain was only 5 minutes away!

Anyways, I've worked in a board shop renting and selling all different gear and to be honest, all the brands are decent. They all use the same technology and do not differ much. My best advice would be to get the narrowest board that your boots/bindings will fit on to. They are WAY more responsive then the wider boards. I have a Burton Shaun White board, and I love it! Its freestyle/pipe board but is super responsive and carves real nice.

GL with whatever board you decide to get!

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
been boarding since '94... hell, i remeber half the mountains (hills =\) in the Poconos wouldn't even let me on the trails with a board back then. right now i have an old ass '04/05 (iirc) Burton Dominant board with Burton Freestyle bindings i'm still rocking. i can't justify spending another couple hundred bucks on a new setup right now with me turning 35 next month :(, not sure how much longer my knees can hold up after 15+ years of it and another 8 years on top of that skateboading. and yes i still pick up my board every now and then and skate, but not nearly as much as i would like to....

i'll prob pick up one more setup maybe next year after i see how i feel this season. i did promise myself that i'd get out west before i can no longer deal with my knees anymore...

Last edited:

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
i've heard the poconos are better then snowshoe mountain

^ i guess it depends on which one you go to in the Poconos... imo Blue Mt. is the best in the Poconos, but Elk Mt. is by far the best in PA. never been to Snoshoe so i can't compare the two. i've been to Killington in Vermont and it was a nice step up from the Pocono resorts.

Last edited:

MUSTANGWOP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Established Member
I've been riding for 22 years now, I pretty much picked it up when it wasn't mainstream at all and it was kind of frowned upon as a sport still. I used to get out 4-5 times per week but now 1-2 times per season so all my gear is older. I'll never give it up but now i just free ride, no more pipe or fun park for me.

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
I've been riding for 10 years now but dont really get to go much. I used to go to snowshoe 3-4 times a year but haven't been up there in about 2 years now, just been goin to sugar and app since theyre pretty close. I have a 06 burton clash with burton customs and ride orion boots but if i got more into it I'd like to have a nicer board.

97cobra1

Established Member
Neversummer is tight. I actually,have an 05 SL. I was gonna pick up a used NS park board this year but my build used up my snowboarding money this year.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've been boarding off and on for years, but bought a board 2-3 years ago and started going as much as I could. I started with a crappy setup and have slowly been upgrading and I think it's also time for me to get a new board.

i've heard the poconos are better then snowshoe mountain

You've lost your damn mind.

^ i guess it depends on which one you go to in the Poconos... imo Blue Mt. is the best in the Poconos, but Elk Mt. is by far the best in PA. never been to Snoshoe so i can't compare the two. i've been to Killington in Vermont and it was a nice step up from the Pocono resorts.

My family always used to go skiing at Blue Mt because it looked to be the best mtn in the Poconos and it was 20 minutes from my grandmother's house. Great place to learn.

I've been to most of the parks closest to the DC area plus Snowshoe, Wisp and Seven Springs. I'd say that Snowshoe is by far the biggest resort with the most trails out of any place in the Mid-Atlantic area. Plus they technically have two completely seperate parks which is cool to be able to see some completely new trails if you go for a weekend or something.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What are a good few sites for buying gear?

I haven't been in a few years and have 2 trips coming up in February.

Users who are viewing this thread