Who has used the Superchips MicroTuner?

jrh99

Established Member
A local tuner in my area uses Superchips for tuning.
I was originally assuming I'd want the Predator, since that's what most eveybody else on this board seems to use.
But he said the Superchips can do the same exact the things.

With that said, does anybody have any thoughts on the Superchip product?

I think this link is the unit in question. We were definitley talking about the Flasher and not an actual chip.

http://www.superchips.com/html/products/ford/1725adjust.htm

On their website it looks to me like you can't adjust the rev limiter, and I know the Predator allows for that.

Can anyone point out any other disadvantages of the Superchips unit?

Thanks.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I've done my research and the SCT is for me.

Predator does allow those functions and that sold me at first as well, but really if you want that type of capability then you should be looking at the SCT Pro Tuner Package

Rog

jrh99

Established Member
Thanks Rog,

I've definitley got some more research to do before my make up my mind.
I just started looking today and didn't even know Superchips made a Flash for the 03 until this afternoon.
I need to talk to the tuner on Friday, and find out what he thinks while I dyno my car.
My damn car sputtered bad when I started it today. So we're gonna look at that first.
I think I got junk fuel pumps with this car... we'll see.

Last edited:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I use the SCT flasher. I got it from Apten and the local speed shop uses SCT software also. The Apten tune for the 2.93 is perfect. I hear their 2.80 tune is great also. The tune Apten put together for me was great right out of the box. I needed no additional tuning. Dynoed to make sure. Call Apten and get one. I talked to Gene. Good guy.

SNKBITE

Established Member
Go for the SCT 9100, from Superchips. It has 4 bank capability, and is custom tuned for your cars mods. Try Troyer Performance at 540-862-9515.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
The new 6 bank chips are out now from SCT

jrh99

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to see what this tuner has to offer first. He said the Superchips unit would be $400. But, I didn't find out exactly which one he was talking about.
All I know is he said we'd sit there on the dyno until the tune was perfect... no need to do any mail order tuning like the w/ the Predator.
I liked that!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
hey joe...what tuner u talkin about? wouldnt happen to be in seekonk would it? he does SCT only too.....

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by BADASS03SVT
hey joe...what tuner u talkin about? wouldnt happen to be in seekonk would it? he does SCT only too.....

Yup... Dez. I've been there once before.
He seems like a good guy.

Do you go there? What do you think?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
ive been there a few times. mike will talk for hours, he knows his sh*t. they actually built my solid axle. prices were right when i got the bill, and labor was CHEAP. i was recommended to them from some guys on corral.net and he is excellent. my car will go to him for tuning and any installs I cant handle myself. i know a good amount about cars in general and he doesnt BS you around to get you to bu form him. he will tell you straight out..and i think thats why notmany have a complaint about him. anything else just PM me man. im only like 20-30 min form u...

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Like someone else said, you have to go with the 9100 SCT tuner. The 1725 will only work with a 2.93 pulley, exhaust, stock CAI, etc. All the info is on the superchips website about the 1725. You can't store a custom burned program in it, only the 9100.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
now how come the 9100 isnt on their site...unless i missed it?

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Most places will only offer the 9100 for the Cobra. With all my dealings looking for the SCT dealer I felt most comfortable to use, they all only mentioned the 9100. A local speedshop has them sitting on a shelf too. So they're definitely not hard to find.

jrh99

Established Member
Well, I have my baseline for this spring.

I also ordered the SCT Flasher and a 6lb. lower.
It must be the 9100 that I'm getting because they said it would hold 4 programs.

BadAss,
Mike's definitley a great guy to do business with, I agree. He's going to NE Dragway tonight too.

Is anybody here going? I might drive the Cobra up... just to spectate.

Last edited:

jrh99

Established Member
btw:

I was told that this SCT Flasher has only been on the market for about 3 weeks.

No wonder I hadn't heard much.

dhammans

Established Member
So what's the major difference between the SCT and the Predator? I'd still like to see something that allowed you to graph fuel / timing / etc tables and modify them in that form, then flash the tables to the ECU.

jrh99

Established Member
That I don't know.
At the moment I'm figuring they're pretty identical.

Users who are viewing this thread