Who has upgraded their audio system?

ShaneHayes

Established Member
So you all know, I just bought my Cobra. The radio is lacking big time. I was thinking about upgrading to a Pioneer deck w/ Boston Acoustics door speakers, then a nice 12" Kicker solobaric in the trunk. What do you all think? For the guys who upgraded...what are you rockin? Thanks.

SpectorV

Established Member
just gut the stock system if you do including stock amps as I think they become useless after you take the stock head unit out.

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
I still have my stock amps running with my Pioneer deck and pioneer speakers. You'll need a special harness if you want to continue using the stock amps.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I run a pioneer head unit with harness adapter, stock 460 speakers and amps, and run two 10" Kenwoods in the rear with an AMP wired to my head unit. I didn't want to dump a ton of money into the audio. I think it sounds pretty good. Makes a big difference having a head unit you can fine tune accoustic levels with.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
I have a Pioneeer AVIC-D3 with stock speakers and amps. They stock speakers will be gone very soon.

8fkch2q.jpg

8erqmp2.jpg

Tractionless1

Established Member
Added Infinity Basslink, turn the bass on the headunit down to -3, Basslink gain all the way up, and control the Basslink with the remote gain control. It really wakes the Mach 460 up. When the 460 isn't pushing bass the mids and highs are great. Nothing else needed.

ShaneHayes

Established Member
^I may do that. I have an Infinity basslink, and I turned down the bass tonight and did notice the highs weren't bad at all. Glad to hear someone else likes it.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i have done it all... two jl audio w3 10's with a jl 500/1 amp, kicker 6.5" speakers in the back and eclipse 3 way 6x8 up front with a mtx 4 channel amp, a 7inch in dash dvd player.. its very loud and will make your ears ring and my chain on my neck will even bounce on my neck if i turn it up...

mrose75

Established Member
Added Infinity Basslink, turn the bass on the headunit down to -3, Basslink gain all the way up, and control the Basslink with the remote gain control. It really wakes the Mach 460 up. When the 460 isn't pushing bass the mids and highs are great. Nothing else needed.

I'd heard about this before. I think this is the way I'm gonna go also.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member

That is a nice sub and you can still throw whatever you want in the trunk and not have to worry about it since it's fully enclosed.
I was thinking about putting a small 10 in the trunk and building a box and then wrapping the sides in back black vinyl and the front in black suede to match the interior seats in mine. Anyone on here tried that? If so anyone have some pics? I think it would look sick:rockon:

Last edited:

03cobramanIII

Banned
i want to kep the factory head unit if i can,but i got this rca jack thing that splices into the speaker harrness and has 2 rca jacks off it , i than want to run my hcca50 to my bazzookas in the trunk , but how wil this sound? the systems in these 03s suck! i dont want to put a high dollar unit in it cause its a vert.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
added kenwodd double din navi/dvd player/mp3/bla/bla, had to remove amps, added 8" bazooka, and upgraded all speakers , it rocks
100_1954.gif

03cobramanIII

Banned
you got the 6 disc changer or the 1 ? i priced the 6 disc one with the dvd it was 900 bucks, the 1 disc one was 400 bucks
if go that route i'll have be able to pull it out when i go on vactions,i try not to take that car most of the time.
also with the after market radios they come with rca jacks so my hcca will plug right into it. put will the in unit amp say 50 /or 60 watts sound ok with the stock speakers or do i need to put good speaks in them. what ones to get 2 way or 1 way? and keep the up top little door speaker hooked up?

Users who are viewing this thread