Who has the Kenny Brown Matrix Kit - Please give me some feedback

mattletourneau

Established Member
How does it ride compared to stock?? My vert is too loose and not stiff around the corners. Is it worth the extra bucks over doing other mods?? Thanks!

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I had the KB extreme matrix setup along with thier strut tower brace on my '01 'vert & I couldnt believe how well it handled. It felt like the car was on rails. I also had the KB springs & "03 Cobra struts & QA1 shocks. No complaints from me.

My '04 is a coupe, so I won't be doing that setup again tho, I think full length MM SFC's will be enough for me on this car.

Last edited:

Icrouse

Established Member
I am running the KB extreme matrix bracing. I too have had nothing but good experience with Kenny Brown. The car is considerable stiffer with the bracing. Kenny Brown has good technical support as well as good research and development.

mnypit

Established Member
It is the best thing short of welding in an 8 point roll cage in the car (IMHO). I have had it on 3 different cars now. 'nuff said.

Steve

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
I had the KB extreme matrix setup along with thier strut tower brace & I couldnt believe how well it handled. It felt like the car was on rails. I also had the KB springs & "03 Cobra struts & QA1 shocks. No complaints from me.

My '04 is a coupe, so I won't be doing that setup again tho, I think full length MM SFC's will be enough for me on this car.

So why the change? Whats the diff?

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by 04MystiCobra
So why the change? Whats the diff?

My '01 was a 'vert.I wanted all the extra bracing the extreme matrix setup offered. I now have a coupe & won't be autocrossing it, so SFC's should do it this time around. Also will save $ for other stuff.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I have the KB extreme matrix on my 03 coupe, and I love it. It was almost weird driving it after the install because it handled so differently than I was used to. If you've ever driven a Z06, Carerra or a MiniCooper, that's pretty much how it feels... like it's on rails. No complaints other than the very *long* install time and the fact that they are Zinc coated and not painted or powdercoated. Amazon Racing painted mine when they did the install so they wouldn't rust because there is a LOT of welding involved in the install.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by 04MystiCobra
So with all the welding, do the seats/carpet have to come out?

The instructions says it does, but on my '01 the installers didn't do this & there was no problems. :shrug:

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic 03 Cobra
I have the KB extreme matrix on my 03 coupe, and I love it. It was almost weird driving it after the install because it handled so differently than I was used to. If you've ever driven a Z06, Carerra or a MiniCooper, that's pretty much how it feels... like it's on rails. No complaints other than the very *long* install time and the fact that they are Zinc coated and not painted or powdercoated. Amazon Racing painted mine when they did the install so they wouldn't rust because there is a LOT of welding involved in the install.

Sonic 03 Cobra, I'm going to be taking Amazon the first weekend I can get someone to go with me.

They quoted me 10hrs @ $80/hr, so that's $800 for all this:
-Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace
-Kenny Brown IRS Forward Torque Brace
-Kenny Brown Rear Shock Tower Brace
-Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix Subframe System
-Differential Mount Polyurethane Bushings
-MM Rear Coil-Over
-MM IRS Suspension Bushings

I can't see them getting all of this done in only 10 hours though; but I've heard nothing but good things about them so I'm sure they know what they're talking about.

How much did they charge for painting it?

Users who are viewing this thread