Who has the is the number 1 Mechanic skills?

NeckBreaker

My signature sucks! ^
Established Member
The Truck is going in for service tomorrow and want to see if anyonw can guess what the hell is wrong with my truck. I turn the wheels all the way in front to the right and left and when I go to accelerate there is a horrible cluncking noise up front like somethng is loose. Only when the wheels are turned all the way though, and I try to accelerate. Answer will be posted by Friday, who will be the winner... May be more than one answer... I have my guess as well, but I am most likely wrong.. :read:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Don't do that!! You need clunk washers my friend. Search for "clunk" and you'll get the answer you need.

OH-MAN

Established Member
I think Chris is right on the money.
You can look at the bolt head and see if it has been moving leaving a little snail trail in the frame goo on either side of the head.
Check this first.

sdlightning03

Established Member
I had the same problem. Took it to the dealer = Clunk not fixed. Does this really effect anything or does it just sound bad and startles people when I back up?

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
torque the shit out of the lower control arm bolts and save your money on the washers. I fortunatly have not had that problem on my truck yet **knocks on wood** but if I ever do, new control arms and a drop kit are going in.

OH-MAN

Established Member
My 03 never had the clunk but I got the washers and when I put in the Hotchkis springs I saw that it had moved but was not clunking yet.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Also put some grease on the wheel stops!! (on the lower control arm) That will also make that noise when turning lock to lock!! Mine doesnt make noise anymore!!!
Good Luck!!:)

NeckBreaker

My signature sucks! ^
Established Member
Well got the final answer. Dealer saied steering stopw were rubbing the shit out of the control arms, used a little grease and did not change anything, but I GOT A WARANTEED INNER DOOR HANDLE BECAUSE IT WAS CHIPPING AND A NEW ARM REST OUT OF THE DEAL

Users who are viewing this thread