Who has the best lowering springs? Post pics please....

gasgzlr

Established Member
I have a 01 cobra with 18" wheels and want to close the gap better and not rub or bottom out. I have BBK progressive rate springs and it lowered it a little but not enough. Who has the best looking and comfortable spring out? I love the ride comfort of the BBK's but the drop is not enough...

Vinnie T

Established Member
I'm using Eibach Pro-Kit springs with 18" FR500 rims. It's only my opinion, but the drop is even and just right. The gain in performance (flatter cornering and braking with less nose-dive), with little or no ride degradation is impressive. I have not had any bottoming issues so far. I also found these easier to install than the Steeda Sports, my second choice for springs.
I'll try to post a pic later.

PS......the upgrade to Bilstein (or similar) struts/shocks is also highly recommended.

Last edited:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I'm running the Steeda sport springs and they do the job for me. The car doesn't bottom out and it handles better then stock. I ride on 17inch 03 cobra wheels. They may not be the right choice for you, but here's a pic.;-)

Razor.

CobraLeft00.jpg

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Kenny brown's here and I love them a little more rake in the front than the steeda cars I have sat beside but thats the way I liked it!

bouncer18

Established Member
kennt Brown here too

i got a coupe and i am using the vert springs

love the way it sits and feels

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Kenny Brown club sport springs, '03 Cobra coupe struts (bilstiens), QA1 adjustable shocks, stock rims.
fc2cf2e4.jpg

fc2d02b3.jpg

Stock hight for a comparison
fc2c30e1.jpg

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I went with the HR Race Springs. A good drop, but not too much (apprx 1.5"). I have 18" Saleen wheels on mine with 275/35/18 all the way around ... No issues at all.

I did change out the shocks/struts at the same time. Went with Bilstein HDs.

Handles very well. Looks great .... No regrets.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Damn whitesnake that drop is absolutly perfect.Shit now i need to scrounge up some money. Thanks for the pics:thumbsup:

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Originally posted by RioRed4v
anyone have pics w/ eibach sport-lines's or pro's?

lowered1.jpg

That's w/ Eibach prokit springs. I have to say I was pretty unimpressed with their performance, I'd suggest going w/ HR Race springs and a good damper like Bilstein.

If you have big bucks, coilovers are the only way to go :)

subterfuge

Established Member
I haven't done anything to the rear fenders, and i don't think i will have to. I have had the rear tire hit twice in about 2 months since i did the install. Both times were under extreme cornering, probably twice the posted speed in the corner. And both of those times were becuase of a large bump in the road. Also, i have 315 nitto DR's, a wide tire with alot of sidewall flex doesn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread