Who Has The Best 2015 Mustang GT Auto Mail Order/Canned Tune

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Looking for opinions on who has the best mail order canned tunes for the 2015 Autos....most places are offering 2 or 3 tune packages for around $150-175 but wondering who here has experience with the Auto 15 GT tunes and thoughts....how aggressive do they feel compared to stock? how firm are the shifts? any issues? any track results before and after tune?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looking for opinions on who has the best mail order canned tunes for the 2015 Autos....most places are offering 2 or 3 tune packages for around $150-175 but wondering who here has experience with the Auto 15 GT tunes and thoughts....how aggressive do they feel compared to stock? how firm are the shifts? any issues? any track results before and after tune?

We've had great success tuning the 2015 Mustang GT's with an automatic transmission. Our MyCal Tuning device utilizes our own proprietary software allowing us to give you the most performance possible without hindering the reliability and driveability of your Mustang. Our 93 octane tune has shown gains up to 22whp and 38wtq along with making adjustments to the shift points, shift firmness and torque management.

Check out the link below for more information regarding our MyCal Hand Held Tuning Device.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/2015%252b-Mustang-5.0-Tuner.html

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
We've had great success tuning the 2015 Mustang GT's with an automatic transmission. Our MyCal Tuning device utilizes our own proprietary software allowing us to give you the most performance possible without hindering the reliability and driveability of your Mustang. Our 93 octane tune has shown gains up to 22whp and 38wtq along with making adjustments to the shift points, shift firmness and torque management.

Check out the link below for more information regarding our MyCal Hand Held Tuning Device.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/2015%2b-Mustang-5.0-Tuner.html

Are these 15's stock computers kinda like bimmers or AMGs when it comes to disabling Torque management (close to "impossible")?
Are you able to tune the N/A autos to horse kick shift 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 ? I like to hear the tires barking while the auto shifts gears at WOT at the street or the little bump that it gives to the car with D.Rs while racing at the track.;-)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I recommend Lund, they can make the shifts however you want them...mild or barking every gear. I just went through a tuning process with them and couldn't be happier. No track times yet, too damn hot down here in FL this time of year! The car feels great though!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Are these 15's stock computers kinda like bimmers or AMGs when it comes to disabling Torque management (close to "impossible")?
Are you able to tune the N/A autos to horse kick shift 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 ? I like to hear the tires barking while the auto shifts gears at WOT at the street or the little bump that it gives to the car with D.Rs while racing at the track.;-)

Thanks.

There are a few more steps involved when tuning the 2015 cars torque management system. We have been able to provide our customers with custom tunes that meet or exceed their expectations. Automatic transmission shift mannerisms can be fine tuned to provide the end user with the driving characteristics they desire.

The new S550 ECU is very difficult to manage, just like your example. Although, programming your transmission to shift like you describe is possible we do not recommend that aggressive of a shift. With our custom tuning your shifting will be far more precise and seamless, but shift pressures like you're looking for would not lend itself to long life of your powertrain. Those types of shift pressures using a drag radial will definitely explode your axle shafts.

We are all car fans here and love to hear tires chirping between shifts but would not want you to damage your brand new car!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
There are a few more steps involved when tuning the 2015 cars torque management system. We have been able to provide our customers with custom tunes that meet or exceed their expectations. Automatic transmission shift mannerisms can be fine tuned to provide the end user with the driving characteristics they desire.

The new S550 ECU is very difficult to manage, just like your example. Although, programming your transmission to shift like you describe is possible we do not recommend that aggressive of a shift. With our custom tuning your shifting will be far more precise and seamless, but shift pressures like you're looking for would not lend itself to long life of your powertrain. Those types of shift pressures using a drag radial will definitely explode your axle shafts.

We are all car fans here and love to hear tires chirping between shifts but would not want you to damage your brand new car!

I was same way before. Looking for that horse kick. My only auto experience is a turbo 350 with shift kit set to hard and a art Carr aod with a manual valve body and pressure on max. After discussions with a couple of very well known tuners, both members here, I now know that those kind of shifts are not the best way down the track. Mine doesn't kick, but is more of a solid surge during the shift and the car never stops pulling.

It wasn't what I expected but I am happy with the result after learning what the result should be.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
My buddy has a 93 Brenspeed, he likes it but it doesnt have the same kick as the Brenspeed tunes had for the 11-14's.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Interesting. I've wondered and asked this question several times and never really get a straight answer. For example, the first Performance tune I had roasted the tires between shifts. The Race Tune was just way too stiff on the shifting. I then got an upgraded tune and the Race tune on that was way less stiff than the previous Performance tune. Fast forward and the newest v2 Race Tune (all from Bama) is smooth and precise but it won't even bark the tires 1st-2nd. I had them make the shifts "more aggressive" and the 1-2 will bark the tires but you have to be into it decently good. I have thought about just going back to the first Race tune before I told them to up the shifts but in the back of my mind I thought it would be slower. What you are saying the smoother shift doesn't cost you any time huh? Obviously would be easier on the tranny but mine doesn't shift hard unless you giive it quite a bit of throttle. Otherwise she is smooth. You think i should just go back to the softer shifts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread