Who has raced their 727 hp roush??

malibu78

Established Member
Roush is sold out of their 727 supercharger kits. Someone has to have raced onee down the quarter mile. I have my 670 hp already (see Pics) just waiting for cooler weather as it 90 + in michigan. So who has raced one? Post your slips.

IMG_3925 (1).JPGIMG_3925 (1).JPG

Troponin

Established Member
Interested to see this as well. ROUSH puts a lot of tq management in their tuning and they are very weak down low. For instance, the 2014 phase 1 ROUSH kit was only .1 seconds faster than a stock GT Mustang, but yet it has 150hp more.

Regardless, that kit will be great for tuning potential and a pretty bad ass place to start if you are looking for big power with a couple mods.

malibu78

Established Member
Troponin,

Yes, there is a ton of torque management built in 1st and 2nd gear. I can feel the car sublty lay down on the 1-2 shift. I am no tuner by any means, however, based on my experience with Turbo GNs and My N2O drag car it FEELS like it could use more timing and needs to be leaned out some. Once I leaned out my GN from AFR of 8.0 (I know extremely rich) to 11.2 and added some timing this was with c16 fuel it picked up 6-7 mph in the 1/4 mile. Once the stang hits 3rd it pulls like a freight train. I will eventually get the car tuned once I get some baseline runs. I have talked to 5 very reputable tuners and currently there is not a way to retain the Roush Tune that is offered by said tuners. I would like the luxury of being able to load the stock tune in the unlikely event that the new tune does not perform to my liking. Lund was extremely responsive to all my questions and I almost pulled the trigger until he informed me that there is no way to save the current roush tune. So with that said who is going to post sometime slips. :beer:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you spoke with any of the guys from VMP tuning? I know they work closely with Roush.
Good luck!

Troponin

Established Member
Troponin, Yes, there is a ton of torque management built in 1st and 2nd gear. I can feel the car sublty lay down on the 1-2 shift. I am no tuner by any means, however, based on my experience with Turbo GNs and My N2O drag car it FEELS like it could use more timing and needs to be leaned out some. Once I leaned out my GN from AFR of 8.0 (I know extremely rich) to 11.2 and added some timing this was with c16 fuel it picked up 6-7 mph in the 1/4 mile. Once the stang hits 3rd it pulls like a freight train. I will eventually get the car tuned once I get some baseline runs. I have talked to 5 very reputable tuners and currently there is not a way to retain the Roush Tune that is offered by said tuners. I would like the luxury of being able to load the stock tune in the unlikely event that the new tune does not perform to my liking. Lund was extremely responsive to all my questions and I almost pulled the trigger until he informed me that there is no way to save the current roush tune. So with that said who is going to post sometime slips. :beer:
I don't understand what you mean about retaining the ROUSH tune. It will load up to your tuning device as the stock tune. You just return to stock if you need the ROUSH tuning back on. Did ROUSH do something that is preventing you from recording it on to your tuner?

malibu78

Established Member
I don't understand what you mean about retaining the ROUSH tune. It will load up to your tuning device as the stock tune. You just return to stock if you need the ROUSH tuning back on. Did ROUSH do something that is preventing you from recording it on to your tuner?

The way I understand it is that the 2015 + PCM is encrypted and the roush tune will be lost once another tune is uploaded. I also heard that some owners had to have their pcm returned to factory stock before a custom tune could be uploaded as the tuner was unable to overwrite the roush tune.

Users who are viewing this thread