Who has put '03 Pipe on?

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I am trying to get together an order for my first run of small parts, and I want to know what pipes people have put on their 2003 Cobras? What kind of sound do they offer & what do you like about them? I am kind of thinking about a mean sound.

Please Help
Chelsea

SonicMike

Established Member
Hi Chelsea,
You'll find the people friendlier on this forum than on Stangnet or Corral where you were getting all the lectures.
On the exhaust question, I have the Magnaflow off-road X-pipe and Magnaflow catback. Benefits of my setup are: Its stainless steel with polished tips, Its relatively inexpensive, it hooked up easily, and no drone.
Hopefully someone with the new Bassani system designed specifically for the '03 will give their opinion because that seems like the hot setup thus far.

Mike

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Thanks Mike. I hope they are friendlier here, otherwise I will have to change my SN. They are just totally ignoring my questions. Thanks for your opinion and I, too, want to know how the Bassani sounds.
Chelsea

03DOHC

Established Member
The people on this forum are definately more friendly and mature than those on other forums and why this is my new home:thumbsup: .

I am leaning toward the Magnaflow system myself as everything I've heard about it so far sounds like the system I am searching for...no drone, good sound, not too loud, good performance, not too expensive. Mac is sounding like a good choice for those who want a louder performance system, but I must be getting too old for LOUD:rolling: . Bassani's price is more than I'm willing to pay, and from the clips I've heard, louder than I'm looking for, but looks like it will be a performer.

Good luck with your choice.:thumbsup:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Another vote for MagnaFlow cat-back. And ask away on questions, just suggest trying a Search first so you get all opinions on a topic. Sometimes, experts post long responses, and guessers post shorties. The experts do not like to re-post over and over on topics, so it is in your best interest to dig a little.

CWCobra

Established Member
I am selling a like-new FR-500 cat back, still in box, if you should decide to go that way, I could save you some bucks. Vintage porche gives the unit good ratings. Send me a PM if interested. I decided to go a different way on mine, so I'm not gonna use the FR-500 I bought.
Good luck,
CW

FINICKY

Established Member
I have the magnaflow cat back and catted x pipe on and love them both....No drone and sounds great

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I just put a Bassani X w/cats and Bassani cat back on my buddies 03. It's a 01 System not the new one. It sounds good. It sounds differnt than when it was on his 01. A little more high piched. Maybe I'm just hearing things, it still sounds good. That's what I'm putting on mine when I get it.

Tim

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Flowmaster

I haven't heard anything about Flowmaster pipes. Has anyone put them on, and if so how did you like them? Does anyone believe that the Magnaflows are worth waiting for? I believe I read somewhere that they are supposed to be worth 30hp. I was highly considering putting the Flowmasters on.

Chelsea

blk03coupe

Established Member
SnakeEyes,

I put a borla cat back and just put the steeda catted x-pipe, sounds mean, it breathes really nice now.

03Coupe

Established Member
Ahh I remember reading your posts on stangnet, and I know why they ingnored your posts , probably wouldnt be the smartest idea to post that info here either though, even though everyone here is very nice and helpful.

But when my 03 comes in I will be putting BBK longtubes, BBK shorty off road H and I dont know what catback yet, possibly flowmaster.

But the setup above will give you a deep mean sound, going with a x pipe and a straight through catback will give you a kind of european sports car sound, I have mangaflow x and catback on my 01 right now it sounds good but I want something meaner for the 03.

Hope this helps

03Coupe

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Cobra '03, it appears in your sig that you have a chip, but no pulley. Have you dyno'ed yet? If so, what are the #'s? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread