Who has painted their car a different color?

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I've been thinking of painting my car for a while now.I love my car but i have never been a real fan of silver. Just wondering who has gone this route,What are the pros and cons of doing this.My main concern would be the engine bay.any pics would be helpfull.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
disassemble car to frame, then paint, then re assemble and fix anything you broke when taking it apart

saleen2002

Established Member
my gt was laser red and some things happenened to it. i repainted it kandy apple red. it was alot of work taking everything apart, cleaning, prepping, painting, final steps and then reassembling. honestly i love how it turned out but i am not sure i would do it again, well at least on something that is a newer vehicle.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
To do it right, it'll cost some coin. You'll have to remove the engine, harness, booster, interior, etc. I wouldn't do it personally, there's no paint like OEM paint even if it's orange peal ford.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I've always been a sucker for screaming yellow but also open to black,orange or even sonic blue. It sounds like alota time and work but the payoff would be sweet!:beer:

RichM1983

Established Member
You'd end up being better off selling the silver and buying a different color for the cash you'd spend on paint. Then if you ever wanted to sale the car no one would want to pay a top price for a car that was painted a different color than factory.

xtreme3169

Established Member
Yea if you are wanting another color that was a factory color, you are better off to just trade cars. Only paint it if you want a custom color!

Users who are viewing this thread