WHO HAS n2o ON THEIR 03 cOBRA?

bross03cobra

Established Member
Anyone running N2O on their 03 Cobra???? Dry or wet and what size shot? I would greatly appreciate any info that you guys could provide...Bill

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i will have some tomorrow.

NX kit (wet) 75 shot. people are going to post both ways here i heard this about wet...i heard this about dry. basically if the proper safety preparations are with either than you should be pretty safe. and as long as you dont go spray crazy also. i am installing full throttle switch along with a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, automatci heater, and the blow down tube, oh and dont forget the purge which i believe i saw someone before post that a purge is nothing but to intimidate the competition. this is not true the purge clears the line of air and make sure that nitrous is waiting at the solenoid. this will let it hit quicker and harder, especially help in the 60'

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I will be installing a wet system tomorrow, I will post results...

Boost activated, window switch controlled... its going to be fun!

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by BAD03SVT
i will have some tomorrow.

NX kit (wet) 75 shot. people are going to post both ways here i heard this about wet...i heard this about dry. basically if the proper safety preparations are with either than you should be pretty safe. and as long as you dont go spray crazy also. i am installing full throttle switch along with a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, automatci heater, and the blow down tube, oh and dont forget the purge which i believe i saw someone before post that a purge is nothing but to intimidate the competition. this is not true the purge clears the line of air and make sure that nitrous is waiting at the solenoid. this will let it hit quicker and harder, especially help in the 60'

Actually.. a purge is only needed on a wet system, because it bascially clears the fuel/nitrous out of the lines like you were saying. On a dry kit, there's no fuel, no need to clear anything out!

BAD03SVT

Established Member
yeah meant for wet system since thats what i am installing, thats for clarifying

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Spud04
Actually.. a purge is only needed on a wet system, because it bascially clears the fuel/nitrous out of the lines like you were saying. On a dry kit, there's no fuel, no need to clear anything out!

I have had wet and dry kits on multiple cars but it does not mean I am expert. Purge served mulitple purposes for me. Wet and Dry it would clear the air out of the lines. When you first open your bottle Nitrous fills the line and pushes air forward. Purging the air makes for a direct and harder first hit. Second when you close the bottle you can release the pressure and clear the lines to make your solenoids last longer and release the stale unused Nitrous.

Last edited:

sir-blah

Established Member
I have a 75 wet shot. I went with the wet shot because I didn't want to rely on the MAF to add fuel. Also I think that the fuel injectors are working about as hard as they need to without putting n2o on top of it. Also the computer tune isn't quite as sensative.

jeffsvt

Established Member
A wet kit sprays both fuel and nitrous through the nozzle into the engine , while a dry kit just sprays nitrous . The dry kit depends on the injectors and fuel system to add the necessary fuel .

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
the purge goes for wet and dry....u don not NEED it for either but it is good to have......the only prob with wet kits is that they can (puddle) and cause expolsions....dry is safer as long as u can be sure u r getting enough fuel.....u run lean u burn stuff up! if anyone is intrested i am selling a NOS 05116 kit w/purge for 450 no bottle...

bross03cobra

Established Member
Thanks 4 the replies guys. So is anyone going with 55lb injectots and new fuel pumps? With the Apten right now , I am @ 507RWHP and 491 RWTQ SAE. I am considering N2O but just not sure yet. As you have said, I hear stories both ways.....I appreciate all the info ....Bill

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by bross03cobra
Thanks 4 the replies guys. So is anyone going with 55lb injectots and new fuel pumps? With the Apten right now , I am @ 507RWHP and 491 RWTQ SAE. I am considering N2O but just not sure yet. As you have said, I hear stories both ways.....I appreciate all the info ....Bill

:lol1: holy crap.. i can't wait to get my snake. so so saaad...

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
i just bought but did not install yet a N/X wet kit and i will shoot it with a 50 shot for a while....i still need to buy the purge kit and window switch and i guess any other safety switches that may be nessesary....i have been told by majority to go with a wet kit, easier to tune since you are already adding fuel and not depending on your computer to do it....i would go WET

Users who are viewing this thread