Who has luckily been issued a warning?

04 Redline

Established Member
2 years ago I was in my 01 GT vert and I was coming home. An 01 cobra was next to me and revvin' so I decided to give it a shot knowing I'd probably loose, even though I had quite a few mods. The speed limit was 55 and we did a quick run to 60, and let off (no tire smoke upon takeoff, but it was an unsafe start nonetheless. Plus his loud flowmaster and my bassani exhaust only helped to give us away). 10 seconds later 2 motorcycle officers pulled both of us over and had a little chat with us. They asked us if we knew each other. We both said no. They then asked us if we know what we did, and we said yes, we accelerated too quickly even though no one was on the road, and we were wrong. They asked us if we knew the consequences to street racing and we said yes. They quickly smiled and proceeded to talk about thier Cobras, and what we did to our cars. I was selling Fords at the time and gave the officer my card as he was looking to get an 04. They then had a call to get to, complimented our cars once more, and blasted off, and I mean blasted off. Me and the Cobra owner looked at each other for 2 seconds, didn't say a word to each other, and went our separate ways. I was lucky, but I can say now that I will never speed outside a regulated track again. Does anyone have any lucky stories?

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I got caught the other day haulin ass down Mockingbird. I was probably doing 75 in a 35 and when I slowed down a cop got on my ass and pulled me over. He didnt give me a ticket because I dont think he actually radared me just saw me and heard the Eaton singing lol. I am very thankful that I didnt get a ticket.

Evan5469

Established Member
I have yet to receive a warning. Been pulled over twice and got tickets both times. Thankfully the cop didn't show up for the more expensive one.

shfd739

Established Member
Ive been given a warning all but twice for speeding,Last one was 75 in a 45.I guess it really helps having that firefighter liscense plate and stickers on my back window.That was a year ago and Ive since slowed down,I know most of the local cops and would be emabarrased to get stopped now since we run calls with them everyday and I can count them as friends that would bend over backwards to help us if we needed it.Bart

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
My friend got pulled over for 110 in a 55. The cop that stopped him only wrote him up for 10 over because he said if he wouldnt have pulled over he never would have caught him. His ticket was like $210 and he payed for it by street racing the next weekend. :rolleyes: Whatever works i guess. Lucky break either way.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
By the way ive been pulled over 13 times and only 2 tickets. And one i talked down to a non moving violation.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
Instead of speeding the cop changed it to a "cowl lamp violation"?? What does that mean. I dont even have cowl lamps? :shrug:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Pulled over 5 times, and 4 tickets. Only one I got off was in my Cobra. I saw this hot girl friend of mine, so I decided to show off a bit, and burn through 1st and 2nd. Let off around 65ish, and a few blocks down the road, a Sherriff pulled me over. He had this smirk on his face like he enjoyed the burnout, but couldn't just let me drive away. Told me to slow it down, and let me free. I was lucky.

Other than that I did get 2 tickets in one night, and I figured once I got pulled over the second time, he'd let me off considering I got a ticket 2 hours earlier. Nope. He infact wrote me up for Exhibition of speed (no tire spin, and I never even hit 40 mph) and numerous other things. That was by far one of the worst nights of my life.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
My luck with cops is bad, Ive never received one warning. Hell, I was even pulled over for making a no left turn in the middle of the Hollywood Hills by a cop on foot. What kinda sh1t is that?

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
My luck with cops is bad, Ive never received one warning. Hell, I was even pulled over for making a no left turn in the middle of the Hollywood Hills by a cop on foot. What kinda sh1t is that?

I was visiting my uncle who lives in Studio City. Driving up Mulholland Drive, all the sudden a 911 was riding my ass. Dropped it into third a waved good-bye.

Sorry, got a database error and ended up triple posting.
Yikes...

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:

I was visiting my uncle who lives in Studio City. Driving up Mulholland Drive, all the sudden a 911 was riding my ass. Dropped it into third a waved good-bye.

BTW, I've had 1 ticket in ten years + 2 warnings.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:

I was visiting my uncle who lives in Studio City. Driving up Mulholland Drive, all the sudden a 911 was riding my ass. Dropped it into third and waved good-bye.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
CPViolation said:
I was visiting my uncle who lives in Studio City. Driving up Mulholland Drive, all the sudden a 911 was riding my ass. Dropped it into third and waved good-bye.

Mulholland is a sweet road to cruise. Where abouts does he live? :)

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
Mulholland is a sweet road to cruise. Where abouts does he live? :)
Laurel Canyon Drive.
I also lived on the same street.
My step dad was news director of KFWB when it was a top 40 station in the sixties.
His stage name was Jackson King.

Users who are viewing this thread