Who has LOUDEST exhaust for '03 Cobra?

CWCobra

Established Member
I've run mine with no mufflers at all. It's still pretty tame sounding. Anybody got a really loud combo they can cite from first hand experience? Not to offend anyone, but I'm looking for actual real-life experience on an '03. Not interested in hearing what some magazine said, or what someone's 2001 Cobra sounded like. Thanks in advance,
CW

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
I think its the change from the stock h pipe is where you will see most of the change in sound. Check out my combo below.. its actually quite loud. I didnt think it would be due to the fact that my x pipe has cats.. but non-the -less its very mean sounding..
sky
p.s. if the video doesnt come up.. check again later.. the server might be down today.

jonrjenjr

I put some BBK longtube headers and BBK H-pipe and then a MAC cat back exhaust system and it sound awsome. It is not to loud at idle, but it gets loud when you get on it.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Are these Mac cat back systems '03 specific, or are the '01 units you guys are using?

Thanks

CWCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, guys! But one more thing: are you loud guys going WITH cats, or are you catless?
Just need to clarify.

If I could get the loud sound, and stay tree-friendly, that would be good. But in the past, I've always had to go catless to get sound. The Bassani X with cats I once had on my '97 Cobra was WAAAY too tame sounding. I had to sell it and go with off-road to get the sound I was craving.

Thanks again,
CW

Terminator03

banned
Bassani x with no cats and catback. Definatly loud, but will be louder once i get bassani's mid-length headers. By the way any news of when the headers are actually going to be released?

XtraVenom03

Established Member
Run a o/r h pipe with Flows. I think the best sounding exhaust but I'd question performance. A set of headers would help also.

Terminator03

banned
With flows your sacrificing a little performance and a little peace and quiet when you dont want your car to be loud. For instance on the freeway, that damn drone will make you lose your hearing with flows. And its more of a sloppy baffle sound. Although the off road h with flows on my 99 could shoot a flame if i power shifted into second. Pretty neat stuff. :burn:

XtraVenom03

Established Member
Yeah, the flows will take some power out of the car but if you're willing to lose about 5-10 ponies on the dyno and you want the loudest sound, the flows and h pipe are your best bet.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
so you are saying the flows will lose 10-15 hp under stock mufflers? aren't the MAC mufflers chambered also? and if so, i believe jim vaccaro got 19rwhp with just a cat back change to the MAC flowpaths.

Users who are viewing this thread