who has last night video griffin VS my procharged z06

MIKE-HKS

Established Member
???????????
would like to see the other z06 and julios zr1 video to post it i want to save it to my computer thanks

MIKE-HKS

Established Member
1 and 1 very close griffin car is making power and running very good

Griffin

Established Member
Mike,

Eddie has the video of our run, but not sure about Julio's run. I know it was videotaped but I don't know the guys who were shooting.

Thanks for the compliments:beer:

MIKE-HKS

Established Member
could you get a hold of him to see if he puts it up, that video will be the only one i get to have of my car
sense it is listed on ebay already .

Blades

Established Member
I (Eddie) will have this video up sunday afternoon. Link me up to ebay auction so I can get pictures of it.. Nice ride

NBS4

BANNED!
LS6's compression Ratio is too ****ing High to run any Decent Boost. Man.. I wonder what Z06's would do with more boost. :)

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Originally posted by NBS4
racing twin disc macleoud clutch $1700, installed 4k miles ago, good for 1100rwhp

Why would he install a Racing clutch good for that much horsepower if he only has half that?

Because he had big plans for the car..

Anyways good seeing you again last night Mike, goodluck with the Viper. You and Griffin had some really goodruns, it was sweet. That 427 Z06 was sweet too, sounded nice. But so does Julio' 408 ZR-1:p Yeah I know i'm showing off all the badass cars that were out last night. They were all sweet, I was stuck in the Lightning, while the Cobra gets rebuilt:whine:

MIKE-HKS

Established Member
about the clutch post its the only one out there made for that car that will hold big HP and last for a long time , and having big plans for the car was the other..
i didn't like that z06 to radical, idle was bouncing to like 2000 and back ,
the DLM viper that was there with 1000+hp sounded more streetable then the z06
oh by the way on the way home he tried it in third with me, and rolling at 70mph he wanted to get a big jump and he was ready but so was i when i got next to him reved up in third at 70mph
he nails it but at the same time i clutched it and landed dead even with him as third pulled up high i edged about a fender in front and he let go and slam on his brakes i wated for him again and he went under the bridge and took off ...
that was not a fare race for julio i know that guy sprayed him.
look all over the net none of those cars are running 130mph in the 1/4 on motor unless in the magical air up in atco which cars run 4 to 6 miles faster than down here.

Last edited:

Griffin

Established Member
I know for a fact he was not spraying. I saw the car right when he pulled up after the run. He popped the trunk and the nitrous line was disconnected.

The run was for fun so I don't understand why everyone is so uptight about it.......

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Originally posted by MIKE-HKS
about the clutch post its the only one out there made for that car that will hold big HP and last for a long time , and having big plans for the car was the other..
i didn't like that z06 to radical, idle was bouncing to like 2000 and back ,
the DLM viper that was there with 1000+hp sounded more streetable then the z06
oh by the way on the way home he tried it in third with me, and rolling at 70mph he wanted to get a big jump and he was ready but so was i when i got next to him reved up in third at 70mph
he nails it but at the same time i clutched it and landed dead even with him as third pulled up high i edged about a fender in front and he let go and slam on his brakes i wated for him again and he went under the bridge and took off ...
that was not a fare race for julio i know that guy sprayed him.
look all over the net none of those cars are running 130mph in the 1/4 on motor unless in the magical air up int atco which cars run 4 to 6 miles faster than down there

Yeah Julio told me about your runs, thats very impressive, well your car runs real strong anyways. Maybe youshould reconsider selling it:thumbsup:

As far as him spraying Julio, I dont know, From Julio's story it does sound like it, again I missed the race. Maybe he will get some track times and everything might makes sense, until then its only speculation you know.

Blades

Established Member
Yeah DLM vipers seem to be hindered by traction (or lack thereof). I saw that vid of that 925RWHP car losing to the trans am with 200-250RWHP less cuz of spinage.. They just rev too low.. So its spin thru 5k.. shift.. spin some more.. shift.. spin a lil less.. and by the time you hook, your $100,000 viper just got smoked by some random turbo car with 200RWHP less. You know you wanna put heads and cam on that Z06 dude. That thing is the shit!!

btw.. im making the video now

MIKE-HKS

Established Member
cool looking forward to seing the video
well the vette is been on ebay for less than a day and it's 6k away from reserve
if for some reason it dont sell then yes it will get the heads cam ported intake forged bottom end and high boost and a D-1SC blower
oh and i have a two stage nitrous kit here with twin polish bottles that go behind the seats that just look crazy.

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by MIKE-HKS
cool looking forward to seing the video
well the vette is been on ebay for less than a day and it's 6k away from reserve
if for some reason it dont sell then yes it will get the heads cam ported intake forged bottom end and high boost and a D-1SC blower
oh and i have a two stage nitrous kit here with twin polish bottles that go behind the seats that just look crazy.

Yeah I helped bump up that price. :) I said.. hell if i can get this for 34, i'll sell the Cobra.. But I am still a cobra guy at heart. Always will be.. But my dad and brother.. they're interested.. . Too bad this offer didn't come up a couple months ago, my dad recently has had some health problems.

Users who are viewing this thread