WHO HAS INSTALLED THE NEW EVANS RADIATOR & WATER PUMP?

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
I just ordered the EVANS COOLING Radiator and water pump for my 04 Cobra I want to know HOW tough was the install and are there any short cuts I might need to know before I make the switch. NEXT, what were the results? Did it help with the overall running or operating temp of the engine?

Give me all the information you might have on this.

Thanks and Happy New Year

GLWBEAR
2004 Cobra
:coolman:

predator

Established Member
GLWBEAR said:
I just ordered the EVANS COOLING Radiator and water pump for my 04 Cobra I want to know HOW tough was the install and are there any short cuts I might need to know before I make the switch. NEXT, what were the results? Did it help with the overall running or operating temp of the engine?

Give me all the information you might have on this.

Thanks and Happy New Year

GLWBEAR
2004 Cobra
:coolman:

Is this the Fluidyne radiator they sell? I am guessing it is since I have been spending a lot of time talking with them about their research in this area. I don't have all the part numbers right now, but they do sell the 2 row 1.5" Fluidyne radiator, their high volume pump, a flange to bypass the coolant-to-oil hose and a flange to relocate the thermostat to the upper radiator hose. It requires that you weld shut the opening on the crossover tube that attaches the hose going down to the oil filter. It also means that you need to have a remote oil filter and oil cooler. In all it more than doubles the coolant flow from factory specs...according to Evans. These mods along with the Apten cooling mod and re-routing, or blocking the heater core flow make a tremendous difference in temperatures. Just depends how far you want to go.

For the Fluidyne radiator you need to elongate the power steering and ABS module brackets to give it room to fit. Evans does have a 3 row radiator they provided for the Grand AM folks who drive our cars that reported a max temp of 190*. The "street" version described above has shown in the 210* range. Evans has been looking at providing a kit with all components sometime this year.

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Evans Cooling Mod

I ordered from Evans website. I only ordered the Fluidyne radiator, water pump and the coolant. I'm not going to change the oil cooler or the thermostat bypass as its too much work and I feel this will help a little right now. I'm also going to install a 170 degree thermo so the cooling will start sooner than just opening at 180. If it opens at 170 it will be better. Maybe later when I change the clutch I'll do the Apten mod.

Any suggestions?

GLWBEAR :p

Users who are viewing this thread