Who has installed an aftermarket fuel system on there own?

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
As the title says, whose done it? Is it hard? I would'nt think it would be very hard. I have a complete aftermarket fuel system that I'm needing to put in my car. I would appreciate any pics of what you have done install wise and mounted stuff. Heres my fuel system:

Aeromotive Pro Series Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Pro Series Fuel Pressure Regulator
Aeromotive Fuel Rails
Aeromotive Billet Fuel Pump Controller
All lines and fittings of course
Sumped tank
This is a return style fuel system

Probably leaving a couple things out but I do have a complete fuel system, all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I upgraded my fuel system over the Christmas holidays while I was installing my Whipple 2.3 and some other goodies. First, you need to get most all the fuel out of the tank. You should have 1/8 of a tank (or less) or the tank will be too heavy to position. Make sure and support the tank with a floor jack. Then unhook the connections around the tank and remove the 3 bolts used to attach the tank straps.

These posts are very helpful and informative regarding this process:

Tank Removal/Pump Upgrade Step by Step

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/538718-pprv-delete-dummies-hd-video-step-step.html

One you have the tank out of the car, you can install whatever pumps you choose. If you're installing an external pump, you will need to modify the tank for the connection of the supply and return fuel lines.

WydOpen

Established Member
I did most of it myself. All the way up to the fuel rails, pretty much. Work got in the way and I didn't feel like pulling the blower, so I had a local shop finish up the job and glad they did because the guy fixed my blower leak (oil).

Some pics here...

Install Pics

It really isn't all that hard.

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Yeah thats going to be a little harder than the standard PPRV and GT pump swap. I wouldnt be scared but you need to drain the tank completely, tak it off the car and get it up to someone to weld the sump in it. Once thats done its as simple as running lines, mounting the pump and regulator. Its still fairly simple but putting that sump in is going to be the hardest part.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Yeah thats going to be a little harder than the standard PPRV and GT pump swap. I wouldnt be scared but you need to drain the tank completely, tak it off the car and get it up to someone to weld the sump in it. Once thats done its as simple as running lines, mounting the pump and regulator. Its still fairly simple but putting that sump in is going to be the hardest part.

Thanks, tank is already sumped.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I installed the full lethal/fore fuel setup by myself. I keep having frps issues so if my new alternator doesnt cure the low voltage issue then I will be contacting lethal and will be swapping to a return setup that I will install on my own.

I'm sure there are plenty of threads both on here and over on mod fords that will give you more than enough information to give you enough confidence to tackle the job on your own.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
I DID IT TWICE:
blowers006.jpg

2.jpg

017.jpg

002-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread