WHO HAS HAD THE "PULL" FIXED????

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Is there anyone who had their car pull to the right but had it fixed by the dealer or by some other means? If so, what was done to correct it? My pull is really pissing me off. The dealer realigned it and did something to the camber and its still not fixed. :mj:

SVTyballz

Established Member
Mine was fixed by aligning to spec. Don't know how bad mine was compared to others, but if I would let go of the wheel I would immediately be in the next lane. If the road was crowned to the left, I would still pull slightly to the right. Fixed now though.

gary

Gatorac

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
Mine was fixed by aligning to spec. Don't know how bad mine was compared to others, but if I would let go of the wheel I would immediately be in the next lane. If the road was crowned to the left, I would still pull slightly to the right. Fixed now though.

gary

Do you know what specs they aligned your car to? Maybe that is the key.:idea:

SVTyballz

Established Member
I got the specs from SVT. I had to call them myself from the dealer and then they entered them into their computer. I have them written down somewhere if you really need them, but I can't find them at the moment.

gary

Gatorac

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
I got the specs from SVT. I had to call them myself from the dealer and then they entered them into their computer. I have them written down somewhere if you really need them, but I can't find them at the moment.

gary

It would be interesting to compare them with the ones from a94cobra.

a94cobra

Established Member
I havn't taken it back to the dealer yet to go for a second round. They were talking about drilling out the camber caster plates to correct. So I was waiting to see if someone found an actual fix first, before they drill on the car for no reason. I didn't get a copy of the spec that they changed it or where is was set at. Do they keep all that info in the computer.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
xtravenom03- where did you get your lower pulley? and how do you like your stereo setup? Is it clean? loud?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Alignment spec's for the '03 are as follows:

Frt caster: 3.2 +/- 0.75
Frt cross caster: +/- 0.75
Frt camber: -0.9 +/- 0.4
Frt cross caster: +/- 0.4
Total toe: 0.25 +/- 0.25

Rear camber: -0.8 +/- 0.2
Total toe: 0.2 +/- 0.15

Numbers are all in degrees.

Any time you get your alignment done, ask for a print out of where it was set, and what the current settings are.

I took mine in and had it realigned. It is much better, but still has a slight pull to the right. Another tech (not the one that did the alignment) at the dealer agreed during a test drive for the vibe. They said they would be happy to put it back on the machine to get me a printout of the current settings, but each time I asked about it, they couldn't do it because the machine was down! (Which wasn't BS...I saw the machine in pieces.) So I'm still waiting.

Gatorac

Established Member
Alignment spec's for the '03 are as follows: ........

I assume that is what Ford is recommending? I wonder what the specs are actually. I'd like to know exactly what SVTyballz alignment is or anyone that had the problem fixed with an alignment. It seems that most people claim that the car was aligned to "specs" and it did not help the pull or only mildly helped the pull.

Those factory specs leave a lot of room for fudging. I'm sure most of us here realize that alignment "specs" are not uniform across the board. If you take it to a private shop and not a dealer, you would probably end up with a different set of "specs". Know what I mean. The last alignment I had done I told the shop what to align it to.

I'm just looking for ideas here. I had a 69 Mustang that I had aligned at one shop and they said they had it adjusted all the way out and could not get it into "specs" I took it to another place and they had no problem at all.:bored:

a94cobra

Established Member
Biggest problem with various shops is how informative they are. Some shops will align the vehicle and say "all is good", while another will say "well, we could get real close to perfect but the left side is a quarter degree off still." The first shop is giving the customer a sense that we fixed it right whether did anything or not. And until it has a few miles on it to wear the tires a little you won't know if it drives striaght.

I had a problem with the Mercury dealership on an 89 cougar I had. I put new tires on. The car drove straight, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't wear on my new investment, so I stopped by the Mercury dealership and had them align the car. $60 later I thought all was good. A few thousand miles down the road the tires were wearing. They would do nothing to fix, unless I paid for another alignment. I took it to a smaller shop and the guy aligned to the best he could. Said one side was still out, but that it should be ok. And to make matters worse, he tells me that this was the first alignment the car has ever had. So what did the Mercury dealership do?

Who can you trust?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Those set of specs are from Hunter Engineering. (They make alignment machines.) I also have a copy of the specs from Ford and they are the same.

As I mentioned above and as eluded to by others here, it is really best to get a print out from whom ever you have do the alignment. Then you really know how close they got to getting everything right on the money. A good tech will take the time to get the settings centered (as best they can) instead of just within the acceptable range. Tell them you want a print out when you drop the car off, or you may not get one.

Gatorac

Established Member
I had an 02 GT that I took back to the dealer to check the alignment under warranty. They said every thing was fine. I asked them for the specs and the service advisor kinda looked at me stupid. I got the specs the next day, after the actually put the thing on the rack and checked it.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Found my printout!!!!

FRONT

L camber -.60
R camber -.60
L caster 3.20
R caster 3.20
total toe 0.25

REAL
camber -0.70
total toe 0.17

Specs:

front camber -0.90 +/- 0.5
front caster 3.20 +/- 0.75
front toe 0.125 +/- 0.15 each side
rear camber -0.8 +/- 0.2
rear toe 0.1 +/- 0.075 each side

hope that helps. It sure helped me. EDIT:Couldn't get it to show how I wanted it too.

gary

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread