Who has driven a 13/14 GT500 and a 16/17 GT350?

Which car?

• Total voters

Never_Enough

Established Member
Agreed, you can’t say the GT500 is a better street car with the bouncy solid axle. Not to mention the skinny tires it comes, even if you could upgrade I’ve seen s550 cars with 335 wide tires! It’s about time. I think I’ll always be a fan of the latest and greatest.
How fat of a tire can you get on the GT500?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Alex Flores from VMP spoke with an SVT engineer about why the GT350 doesnt have a factory boost option or FRPP option. Engineer replied that they were snapping the flat plane cranks during endurance/reliability testing under boost.

Would've been nice if they had told him what power they were making when the cranks snapped and what the target was.

How fat of a tire can you get on the GT500?

A few guys have squeezed a 325/20 on the back with modifications. I think the max front tire size is 285 without modifying anything.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Would've been nice if they had told him what power they were making when the cranks snapped and what the target was.

A few guys have squeezed a 325/20 on the back with modifications. I think the max front tire size is 285 without modifying anything.
325 with just a fender roll or more modding needed?

paluka21

Established Member
325 with just a fender roll or more modding needed?
I run 315's on an 11.75" rim, but have seen 12" rims run with a 325. It has a lot to do with the offset of the wheel and how it sits in the fenderwell. For my car, I had to modify the bumpstop bracket and remove the shock dust cover.

08mojo

Established Member
I think if you arent going to see roadcourse time with it, the GT350 is a waste. 13/14 GT500 would make a better all around performer and standard surface road driver; 350 would be a bit more harsh on the streets id imagine. I see a few every now and then, and you can tell they are a bit more bouncy than typical 11-14's over similar surfaces.

Id also think making a GT500 handle better than stock would be an easier and better route than making a 350 more powerful. You'd ruin the entire point of the 350's powerplant, that's 500ish hp naturally aspirated that can go lap after lap without heatsoaking. Start throwing boost at that, and you start introducing issues to that powerplant that it wasnt designed for.

You really need to take a ride in a GT350. It will change your perception of the car completely.

CWO AMMO-TECH

Established Member
Where is this piece located on the rear suspension of the GT500. Is it another word for the panhard? Just learning the S197 platform and the ideas around gaining traction. Have done some reading and My expertise and experience was modding the IRS as you guys call it on the Mopar LX 05-14. Sorry for off Topic as I have not driven in a GT350. Danny's

MG01GT

Established Member
Gotta tell you guys, the mangnaride in the GT350 is leaps and bounds better than any other mustang that I have driven. Its good on the street and amazing when you start to push it. Not trying to be a GT350 nutswinger here but you gotta drive one to really appreciate what it can do. But again people have different tastes and wants. GT500 is a bad bad machine and can really hurt some feelings, I still say its comparing apples to oranges... or maybe red apples to green apples. Same, Same buuuttt different!!! Anybody know that movie quote;)

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
I'm a high hp, straight line racing kinda guy so 13/14 trinity for me. I also don't waste time modding any cars I've owned, because anything bone stock is boring for me. If I cared more about handling, I'd just get a vette.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
BMR doesn't make the extreme parts that Griggs does, but their stuff is still fairly competitive with Griggs. See if you can ping @Van@RevanRacing and ask him. I believe he has driven both on track and posted about it. If BMR produced aluminum knuckles and spindles, I think they'd be right on top of Griggs. They could still benefit from taking a few more pounds out of their parts, though. The Griggs Watts link looks like it probably weighs less than half as much as BMR's. Whether or not Griggs' link is as sturdy as BMR's is anybody's guess, though. It's definitely not as adjustable as BMR's.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I orally agree with this:

Gotta tell you guys, the mangnaride in the GT350 is leaps and bounds better than any other mustang that I have driven. Its good on the street and amazing when you start to push it. Not trying to be a GT350 nutswinger here but you gotta drive one to really appreciate what it can do. But again people have different tastes and wants. GT500 is a bad bad machine and can really hurt some feelings, I still say its comparing apples to oranges... or maybe red apples to green apples. Same, Same buuuttt different!!! Anybody know that movie quote;)

Users who are viewing this thread