Who has datalogged the stock tune?

davidhuff

Established Member
yea it was under load, this was not the first time i had heard the noise, it was prior to tuning as well i would really notice it in 5th or 6th while under load at highway speed i would hear this noise. I was getting non ethanol 91 at 711, now im going back to the non ethanol conoco up the road from the house, thats what i filled up with this last data log.
Why would you put your motor under load in 6th gear?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
just a little hill, it will bring everything out quick.
i could get it to do it in 3rd or 4th as well as long as i wasnt going to fast. what i thought was crazy the sound of ping. i figured with a name like ping it would have a ting type sound not so much of a knock.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
i could get it to do it in 3rd or 4th as well as long as i wasnt going to fast. what i thought was crazy the sound of ping. i figured with a name like ping it would have a ting type sound not so much of a knock.

It sounds something like glass breaking. What the hell are you hearing? If you are hearing something that sounds like a knock, you have bigger issues. LOL.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
It sounds something like glass breaking. What the hell are you hearing? If you are hearing something that sounds like a knock, you have bigger issues. LOL.

I describe it as a knock, but it didnt quite sound like glass breaking. But my buddy said it def sounded like ping. I guess im describing it wrong lol.

ive looked at a couple vids about it and it did make the sound kinda like a chain dragging, that better matches what i heard lol.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I describe it as a knock, but it didnt quite sound like glass breaking. But my buddy said it def sounded like ping. I guess im describing it wrong lol.

ive looked at a couple vids about it and it did make the sound kinda like a chain dragging, that better matches what i heard lol.

Ok, I could see a chain dragging as a decent description. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread