Who has cut back H&R sport springs?

bullitt2200

Established Member
I put sport H&R springs on my 03 Cobra Conv. with iso's all around. The back did not drop at all ,so I called MM and said that the sports will not drop the back but will drop the front alot. It did drop the front like I want. He said that if I would have gone with the race springs it would not drop it in the front as low as the sports did but it would be level from front to back. MM was saying that other Cobra owners were buying the sports and cutting or leaving out the iso's. I want to keep my iso's so how much should I cut off?
Has anyone else ran into this problem?

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I certainly wouldnt recommend that bro. Try removing rear iso's. This will give you more than a half more inch. Either that or try other springs. I did eibach pro kit with rear top iso's removed. Came out perfect

Bullitt4110

Established Member
If you are worried about it making noise w/o the iso's it will not. I no rear iso's on my H&R SS springs and it is almost level with the front that has only the top iso.

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I would'nt recommend cutting H&R's either, because it is a Progressive Spring. Cutting the stock springs seems to work good for a lot of people, I know a couple of friends that have that setup on their Cobras and they are pleased with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread