Who has a wot box?? Need opinions

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
OK guys, I'm looking at getting a wot box, I know many older cars using them with no issues, but with the new 5.0 not so lucky..

there were some issues with job 1 and job 2 and getting check engine lights, then other people claiming it just didn't work at all. These are all older threads so I'm looking to get some new opinions and if these issues are all fixed or did people stop buying them so we don't hear about it anymore?

So who has one, what year is your car and did you have to do anything special to get it to work right?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I run one on my 2012. It works perfectly. All you need to do is let your tuner know you have it on the car.

If you need a price shoot me a message and I will get you set up with a WOT box.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
had one on my 13 5.0 for half a year or so, just needed a tune update was all. Used the N2mb, have it for sale if interested.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I have one on my 12 and my tuner made a revision for it. No misfire codes and it works just as described.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
I have the n2mb. I cut and spliced all my connections, loaded current software and set my desired parameters. Works like a champ. Now I only use the wot box for the no lift shift feature. I don't care for popping and banging at the starting line, so I use the sct 2 step. And it's the use of the wot box 2 step that kicks misfire codes I believe.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Thanks guys. I already ordered it, and I'll also only be using it for the no lift shift for now.

Edit - thanks blazer for the nice price

Last edited:

Screamin363

Established Member
Hell I have a WOT-BNIB sitting here at my house. Hell it is still in the Unopened ship box from Lethal Perf.

Went 4r70w and never installed it. Guess I could have cut you a very good deal on mine.
Day late!

Oh well it still sits here collecting dust. They are so cool on stick cars!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
For the guys using it, what do you set the ignition cut to? And if you have any videos feel free to post them up

[video=youtube;EzK3f4Fbsx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzK3f4Fbsx4[/video]

This was my first attempt at using the n2mb. It was a bad pass with a 11.1 at 131 and a 1.9 60ft on slicks. My settings were 4800rpm two step and 175ms no lift shift. I lifted on the 1-2 out of habit and It flares up 100-200rpm on the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. I think its me being too slow on my shifts but with seat time i'll get faster.

toomnymods

Established Member
I have one sitting on my parts table as well.. What kinda settings does everyone reccomend? Probably going to install this soon as the front bumper comes off for the twin install. Really dont wanna splice into the ecu wires and then Have to lengthen them 2-3 months down the road.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I have one sitting on my parts table as well.. What kinda settings does everyone reccomend? Probably going to install this soon as the front bumper comes off for the twin install. Really dont wanna splice into the ecu wires and then Have to lengthen them 2-3 months down the road.

6f94a474-ce8f-4d38-9663-c889ba5662ad_zpsc214a386.jpg

Just be careful where you run the wires. I cut alot off when i was na and just stretched them when i had to move the ecu. I tried to wrap them and this happened. I was driving and then car just shut off. Good thing I had just gotten off the interstate.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
20140513_194258_zpsodk6uzww.jpg

Went back with a new harness and this heat sleeve. Its a bit overboard for how i have it ran now but knowing how serious these wires are its better to be safe than stranded.

Users who are viewing this thread