Who has a Saleen Heat Extractor hood?

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have this hood?

For the record (and for those who don't read all the posts), i've had the hood for 4 years, just wanted to know how many other guys have it. I rarely see it.

Last edited:

trueblueeyes

Established Member
Scream'nCobra said:
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have this hood?

I have a friend who has one on a 94 Cobra. I'll try to get pics in the next couple of days. I really can't say I recommend it though. It looks nice, but the fit was horrible. No matter how much adjusting we did, it had a horrible gap along one side of the hood. As a matter of fact, the entire Saleen kit fit like crap.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I saw a car in the parking lot here at school last semester that had one on it.

Gotta say, I've always liked them in the pictures but I was dissapointed. It didn't look that great. The car did have stripes though so maybe that made it look bad, I don't know...

Just wasn't a fan...

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
trueblueeyes said:
I have a friend who has one on a 94 Cobra. I'll try to get pics in the next couple of days. I really can't say I recommend it though. It looks nice, but the fit was horrible. No matter how much adjusting we did, it had a horrible gap along one side of the hood. As a matter of fact, the entire Saleen kit fit like crap.

I already have one, just wondering if anyone else did. Fit isn't perfect, but it doesn't bother me. I've had it for 4 years, one of the first things I bought. I've never lifted a lighter hood.

trueblueeyes

Established Member
ruststang94 said:
where did he get it? What is it made of?

He purchased the entire kit directly from Saleen, so the fit wasn't from being a knock-off. The only things that went on without a lot of headache were the side skirts. The front and rear bumpers were a f'ing nightmare...

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Blown_By_You said:
Cervini's is the sh!t. Do not buy the Saleen. The Cervini's will fit perfect.

No doubt it may fit better, but its not the same hood. The lines are different, and it has less vents. Is it carbon fiber?

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
did you read my first post?
abc exclusive sells an exact replica of the saleen hood. i keep hearing good stuff about abc. my abc saleen wing fits perfect.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
badass98svt said:
did you read my first post?
abc exclusive sells an exact replica of the saleen hood. i keep hearing good stuff about abc. my abc saleen wing fits perfect.
Did you read his post where he said he's had one for 4 years? :poke: :p

trueblueeyes

Established Member
For the original poster: Do you have any pics of the hood on your car? It is a nice looking hood. I'd like to see pics of one that fits better than the one on my friend's car (and from what you say, yours had a much better fit).
_______

I had considered either that or the Cobra R hood at one point. Still like the 96-98 factory Cobra hoods the best though. A very light weight fiberglass repro of that hood would be awesome. Has anyone ever heard of plans to make one?

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
trueblueeyes said:
For the original poster: Do you have any pics of the hood on your car? It is a nice looking hood. I'd like to see pics of one that fits better than the one on my friend's car (and from what you say, yours had a much better fit).
_______

I had considered either that or the Cobra R hood at one point. Still like the 96-98 factory Cobra hoods the best though. A very light weight fiberglass repro of that hood would be awesome. Has anyone ever heard of plans to make one?

There are some guys over at the corral forums who have found a company to do a 1" rise on the factory style hood, and it will be a lightweight piece. I've seen some photochops of the concept, and it looks good. I've also seen one that a guy did himself using bondo, and i thought it didn't look as good as I had hoped.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have also had an ABC hood, the SVO RR on my 2000, and it fit pretty well, not as good as cervini's, but WAAAAY better than all the Saleen SHit that was on the car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
trueblueeyes said:
Still like the 96-98 factory Cobra hoods the best though. A very light weight fiberglass repro of that hood would be awesome. Has anyone ever heard of plans to make one?

actually abc exclusive also makes the 96-98 cobra hoods.

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
pics

Excuse how dirty it is
27438.jpg

27439.jpg

27440.jpg

Fitment
27441.jpg

I can get more pics tomorrow when it's light out if it's not raining. If it is, i'll some this weekend when its not raining, from a further distance also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread