Who has a Borla Stinger in So Cal?

Bingo13

Established Member
The FR500 is a deep, mellow, but quiet system. I find it to be in-between the '01 and Magnaflow outside of the car and almost as quiet inside as our stock exhaust. It is sometimes too quiet for me but it works well on the dyno and long trips. I only gave up 3rwhp to the Maggies, really doubt that due to dyno differences.

I will say the XRs had a kick in the pants difference compared to the FR500 or it could have been me trying to get a 747s attention on final approach last night. ;-)

I will get a sound clip once I get the Borlas off tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Bingo 13,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those tips in your pics are not the Borla Stinger tips, right?

I had a local custom shop order the XR (Stinger version as offered in the kit)and tips to go on the 2.5" pipes. The tips looked identical to the ones used by Borla, 12" L, 3.5" interior width, rolled, and angled. The only difference is the rod was not attached. The shop attached a custom bent rod on the top side of the tip instead of the side. The tips were available in varying lengths from 8" to 16" depending upon your vehicle. In fact the shop I went to had over 120 different tips in their showroom. After he spoke to Borla he said these were the same ones and had them delivered next day with the mufflers. I will be seeing the AR version in a couple of weeks and will compare the two.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek:

Ha ha. :D

Man between u & Tony the both of ya have it bad :nonono:
Well i should say Tony has it worse since he already HAS A CAT BACK.

Hum no work today. Sonic Venum & Jonas wont get to my pad till around 4 or so. What should i eat for lunch?

:p

Orange Poison

Established Member
Poisonous,

We're strickly business here....no hijacking threads anymore OR

You're BANNED !!!!!!:gt:

Sorry Robert, Just had to get that off my chest

Ok, Poisonous....behave yourself;-)

Users who are viewing this thread