Who has a 2.3 Whipple & what 1/4 times did yall run

ls1stang

Established Member
just curious who has a 2.3 whipple on there cobra and what 1/4 times did yall run...my setup is a 2.3 whipple aluminum block twin ford gt pumps havent ran my car at the track since the new setup trying to get some advice:banana:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Welcome BTW

Well what tires are you running? What boost are making? Give a little better description of your setup.

ls1stang

Established Member
My bad lol im running 18lbs right now running 315 nitto 555rs 10.5 rear rims 3lb pulley stock headers wat else do u want to know man

willis414

Established Member
I think he's asking what the guys with the 2.3's are runnin, not what he's gonna run. I could be wrong

ls1stang

Established Member
yes everything is stock besides motor and blower have some irs upgrades n upgraded clutch, and flywheel....just trying to see what other fellow cobras are running

89slowgt331

Established Member
look's like most 2.3 whipple cobra's around 600rwhp, run high 10's 10.7-11.2, at 129-134, tires, suspension, and driver are key factors, but that is what I have seen posted, I think with a solid axle and weight reduction you could get low 10's.

I'll let you know in a month.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
With a 2.3 Whipple, 4 lb lower, 3.0 upper, Spec 3 Plus clutch, level 5 hs, CAI, Afco H/E, and M/T 315-35-18s, my best time was a 10.89 at 124 mph at Bristol during a Fun Ford Weekend.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Is there a particular reason you guys chose to you lower pulley's compared to just using a smaller upper pulley (ie 2.65/2.75) to achieve the same boost level? I know you'll get more torque with a lower, but I heard a lower is a whole lot more dangerous. Just asking.. Thanks..

cbr repsol

Established Member
I know you'll get more torque with a lower, but I heard a lower is a whole lot more dangerous. Just asking.. Thanks..

Thats not a true statement. boost is boost pretty much, A lower helps prevent belt slippage. Your getting more power just from the more psi youll add by changing your lower crank pulley to a larger size(ie 2#,4# ect.) Lowers are more popular with smaller blowers and boltons. When you have ported heads and headers you loose boost. So if u have a 3 inch upper and stock lower it usually makes 17 psi on stock combo's. add the headers and ported heads and you might only see 14/15psi , so less power at the wheels. With headers/porting you cant just add a 2.75 if u want 23 psi it will never happen so thats why people do lower pullies. There is no issues with lowers and small blowers. It when you run 3.4 whipples ive seen issues with the crank snout breaking off . The larger the blower the more stress and power it takes to turn. If your goal is fast street car small blower 2.3 or 2.9 ftw, All out i say 3.4. A 3.4 can be used daily but i dont see you being able to really use it on crappy roads.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Is there a particular reason you guys chose to you lower pulley's compared to just using a smaller upper pulley (ie 2.65/2.75) to achieve the same boost level? I know you'll get more torque with a lower, but I heard a lower is a whole lot more dangerous. Just asking.. Thanks..

Less belt slip

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i recently ran a 11.22 @ 127.53 in the quarter mile. should have been a 10 sec pass but i bounced off the rev limiter from 2nd to 3ed gear. it was driver error, my first pass off the trailer with the new combo and tires. i also didnt have a cage so i was booted the next run. i went an 11.30 @ 123 and broke the blower belt half way through the run.

11.49 and slower a cage is needed.... decisions decisions...

SlowLNF

Established Member
I'll give you a worst case scenario.

I went on 275 street tires, was a last minute thing, friends called and wanted me to come.

On 275's I did 11.8@125. You should expect a better time then that with a clean run.

That was with stock clutch as well.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I'll give you a worst case scenario.

I went on 275 street tires, was a last minute thing, friends called and wanted me to come.

On 275's I did 11.8@125. You should expect a better time then that with a clean run.

That was with stock clutch as well.

Funny that's what I ran on my street tires. Good to see we are consistent.

sidewayscoupe

Established Member
I drove my car to the track 25 miles on a 85 degree day and went 11.17 at 126.5. Got booted for not having a cage.

The combo should be good for a easy 10 second pass.

Users who are viewing this thread