Who else quit watching the news?

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
I have always been an avid watcher of local and national news, but for the past two months I haven't even picked up a news paper. I had enough listening to the nutswing media personalities! Since my decision to quit listening to what other people think, my life has greatly improved! It is amazing how the media actually effects your life.

Think about, how much news is good news? You sit through a 30min-1hr broadcast while they tell you,"Oh my gosh the world is coming to an end". If I want to know the weather, I check the weather channel. If I want to know about sports, I check out ESPN.

Every aspect of my life from my marriage to my job is great now! Profits and sales have actually doubled in the past two months! I love not knowing whats going on in the world :beer:

End of rant:bored:

THE_STIG

Established Member
My tv is my alarm and it is on Fox News, but I just use that because the news anchor on in the morning is kinda hot. Other than that I turn on Bloomsberg a few seconds a day to check on the stock market.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I quit watching the news years ago because I'm a loser who sits online most of the day and I already know everything by the time the news is on. There were so many times they'd have some breaking news that was 2 days old. It's just like how every day people will start talking about something at the office and I already know all about it while everyone else is amazed at this shocking new thing they're hearing about. I don't even watch TV except for football because everything is online.

Last edited:

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
haven't watched the news in 20 years. nothing but trash and negativity.

besides, there is really nothing going on I need to be concerned with.

Juruense

Banned
Well, what do you mean by "news"? If you are talking about info-tainment then yeah I'll pass.

But if you are talking about high quality commercial free news like on NPR and PBS that is a different story!

I listen to NPR every single day and I often watch the Nightly Business Report. THOSE are REAL news sources.

f8tlbite

Established Member
My tv is my alarm and it is on Fox News, but I just use that because the news anchor on in the morning is kinda hot. Other than that I turn on Bloomsberg a few seconds a day to check on the stock market.

I dont even look at the stock market anymore! I get all the news I need from SVTP:rockon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
yup, i quit watching as well, its depressing. bad news sells, so thats all they show nowadays to get the best ratings.

ViciousJay

Established Member
gave up years ago... its pointless dribble, if i hear about soemthing ill look it up and read but i havent watched the news in years (9/11 to be excate)

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
I'm only 21 and i quit watching the news when i was 16. Full of trash and negativity. Always shows the worst things like murders, robberies, etc. There's really no good information that comes from it.

Mayo5

Established Member
The only news I watch is business.

The Financial Times
Fortune
Inc.
Wall Street
The Economist

etc

"real" news is garbage.

f8tlbite

Established Member
yup, i quit watching as well, its depressing. bad news sells, so thats all they show nowadays to get the best ratings.

Exactly! Every morning when I woke up the first thing I did was turn on the news. By the time I got out of the shower I was convinced that our company was going out of business. I would drag my depressed butt to work and felt like the world was caving in on me. The NEWS was effecting my company, not the economy! This goes hand in hand with corporations as well. If you have 1,000 employees, more than likely at least 900 of them watch the news. The "bad" economy is taking away from their productivity because they are scared to death of getting the pink slip. They are the ones actually digging their own grave :nonono:.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
yeah I dont watch the news, maybe that is why Im not putting too much stock into this depression thing.

Rochard

Established Member
I read most of my news online, daily. I stick to Yahoo news, which is done by AP which doesn't have a slant on it. I tried watching Fox news and it was down right silly.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I rarely watch the news or pick up a paper. Half the idiots on TV stir up panic where it doesn't exist or isn't really as bad but they hype it up.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
i stopped watching because of the filthy lies..i hate the news it's depressing and full of BS...how can you get good info when it's controlled by 4-5 huge companies.....you think they put a slant on it?:rolleyes: I want to kill Keith Olberman BTW.:rockon:

lifter213

Established Member
Don't watch any local or national news of any kind. All that negative stuff that i try to avoid, but if it's important I'll hear about it other ways.

Users who are viewing this thread