Who else has had this happen?(Pony puddle light)

Heuristic

Established Member
I walked out to my car yesterday and noticed something was hanging from my rear view mirror, as I got closer I realized that it was the pony puddle projection light. I figured something had flown up on the freeway and hit it or maybe someone tried prying it out. Nothing. There isn't any form of chips or anything on it, the clip just broke and it fell out. :bored::bored::bored: I can't get in to a dealership next week, but I'm hoping it will be covered under warranty. Lame.

10675641_10154827323550333_3610190600637182196_n.jpg

10801902_10154827323405333_8763535246022837737_n.jpg

You can see on the right that the clip is broken

10805631_10154827323295333_7604208871765068967_n.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
should be covered under 3/36 as long as there's no visible damage (which there doesnt appear to be)

I'd reattach it though, before you take it in.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm afraid it's going to fall off all together while driving if I leave it plugged in. :shrug:

Its not gonna come unplugged, but they'd be less likely to warranty something that you removed from the vehicle, ya know?

tape it, or rubber band it. The worse it looks, the quicker it'll get fixed.

Last edited:

Heuristic

Established Member
Its not gonna come unplugged, but they'd be less likely to warranty something that you removed from the vehicle, ya know?

tape it, or rubber band it. The worse it looks, the quicker it'll get fixed.

True, I'll throw some tape on it for good measures

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I'm on my 3rd set. First ones broke exactly as yours. Second set looked like they had water in them and sofar so good on this set. All replaced under warranty.

The car gets stored inside, driven in a light rain once and rarely gets soaked with water for a wash. Dunno how they got/had water in them if that's what it was

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Dad's clip broke too and on mine, I got the spots like water got in. Both were warrantied.

Any pics of where water might sneak in? This isn't uncommon and if small bead of silicone will prevent this again, especially after warranty is up, I'd like to know.

The dealer said they replaced the "bulb". How? That looks enclosed in your pic.

Thanks

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
I had water in mine. Just had them replaced with all the mods in my sig. I had no problems getting them done under warranty.

Zemedici

Established Member
Its no biggie, takes 20 minutes or so. The light comes separate iirc, so i'd show the writer and they should have the part in the next day

Tubra

Established Member
I love those puddle lamps, they sell them for around $15-$20 on amazon for those that don't have them stock. Tribar pony emblem, mustang, you name it, the possibilities are endless.

Heuristic

Established Member
Brought it in and it's being covered under warranty. Though, you got to love dealers.

Me on Monday: "Hey, the clip on my passenger puddle lamp broke and now the lights hanging out of the mirror. I need a new passenger puddle lamp."
Service Rep: "Ok, bring it in and we will take a look at it."
So I bring it in and I get a call
"Ford's parts department is closed so we can get the part in on Tuesday to fix it".

:dw: Why didn't they order it when I said exactly what it was. LOL.

Zemedici

Established Member
Brought it in and it's being covered under warranty. Though, you got to love dealers.

Me on Monday: "Hey, the clip on my passenger puddle lamp broke and now the lights hanging out of the mirror. I need a new passenger puddle lamp."
Service Rep: "Ok, bring it in and we will take a look at it."
So I bring it in and I get a call
"Ford's parts department is closed so we can get the part in on Tuesday to fix it".

:dw: Why didn't they order it when I said exactly what it was. LOL.

The service advisor and/or technician has to verify the issue before parts can be ordered. However on something this small I would have just ordered it.

However, Ford PDC (Warehouses) are closed saturday and sundays, so the order will go in monday, the part will come in tuesday. It seems the dealership needed an RO to charge the parts to (to be able to actually order the parts), and they couldnt do that without having your vehicle there, ya know? Make sense?

Heuristic

Established Member
The service advisor and/or technician has to verify the issue before parts can be ordered. However on something this small I would have just ordered it.

However, Ford PDC (Warehouses) are closed saturday and sundays, so the order will go in monday, the part will come in tuesday. It seems the dealership needed an RO to charge the parts to (to be able to actually order the parts), and they couldnt do that without having your vehicle there, ya know? Make sense?

Oh, I figured the reasoning behind it, just wish it with something so small and simple to change out it could have been avoided. I know the dealers have their process they have to do things, not knocking them.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Same thing happened to me, I just put some tape on it until I can bring it into the dealer.
You should bring yours in as soon as possible, BlackSnakeSVT. Let me know the outcome.

Brought it in and it's being covered under warranty. Though, you got to love dealers. ...
Glad to learn this was taken care of for you, Heuristic!

Deysha

Users who are viewing this thread