Who doesn't love a black Notch? - New to me '89 Foxbody

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Carbed race cars don't bring what a clean EFI street car will money wise. I think he did well at $6500.

Exactly....an '85 coupe, carbed, and more race-oriented will not bring the same money in most cases.

I bought the car for less than $6500, but had another 1k in new parts (gaskets, TB, injectors, MAF, tires, fpr/fp). So, a total of just under $6500 in the whole car. Original asking price was $5800.

FWIW, the guy who I sold 1990 LX hatch to just unloaded it to a guy in MD for $8500 with half the miles (54k), similar mods, and in slightly better shape.

Last edited:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
how much power does it put down on motor?

has not been dynoed...plan on taking it for a tune/chip this summer, as funds permit....I would guess N/A, around 280-290rwhp and 370-390 on the spray. Feels just like my 1990 hatch that went mid to high 12s with a similar setup.

01poison320

Established Member
Considering my buddys car is also a street car, 4 years older, also clean, very little interior and engine bay work needed and a repaint and he could sell his for as much as the op paid considering its absolutely rust free and has 80k less than the ops plus layin down 390 at the wheels in a n/a carbed 306, so just sayin imo he either paid too much or my buddy got a really damn good deal, either way, both my buddy and this guy have badass foxes.

01poison320

Established Member
Oh and thats my buddy sayin 390 at the wheels, so I'm just sayin what he said, I dont actually know. But ohhhh I see, i thought you paid 6500 for the car in itself, didnt know you just added together some of the costs already for it, my bad, not tryin to be a prick or anything, just was confused how you paid so much and my buddy didnt haha.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
thanks for the compliments...its a work-in-progress

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
I have a 91 5.0 notch sitting in the driveway with 200k plus miles... dunno what the hell to do with it ><

Might just junk it. Wish I had garage space for a rebuild.

wjk

Established Member
I have a 91 5.0 notch sitting in the driveway with 200k plus miles... dunno what the hell to do with it ><

Might just junk it. Wish I had garage space for a rebuild.

Junk it... You joking? Theres so many people on this site which would gladly take it off your hands.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Junk it... You joking? Theres so many people on this site which would gladly take it off your hands.

Yeah, def do NOT junk it, man....plenty of guys I know would gladly take it off your hands rather than see it go to the bone yard....

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
IDK yet...I added the black rear seat delete (cant see in pics) and the floor mats to contrast the red....I plan on doing black seats next winter, but may leave the carpet and other parts red for now....it has grown on me, and it is very clean...however, I do prefer a black Fox interior....with the tint I am getting soon, nobody can see it anyway!

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
line lock installed and working ;)

burnoutwithlinelock.gif

Erick

Established Member
Great Notch!
IMO, the '89 is a great year. No ugly, non-tilt airbag and first year with Mass Air!

Users who are viewing this thread