Who does your mods in Florida???

brainpa

Established Member
Hey all, just got a 03 Sonic Blue about a month ago, and I am looking for a tuner near the Tampa Bay area to do some work on my Baby..I know that Hermann is in the middle of settling down in this city, but I wanted to hear other options - if there are any!

I used to have a completely warmed-over 93 Red Cobra with a Procharger on it that was solely worked on by Dan Flowers at Idle Wild racing in Largo. Unfortunately, he has folded it up after a very successfull career (He went out while 'on top'), and now that I am back in the game, I need someone else to establish a good relationship with...

So tell me: Who do ya trust?

Thanks, and hopefully I'll see some of you at Orlando this weekend...

-John

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Ramseys Performance, Dennis is the only one I want doing my tuning.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Give James at Racerelated.com a call: 727-561-9440
I tried for weeks to get my car tuned calling multiple shops multiple times (Coastal included). I was referred to Racerelated by a member of another site.
I gave tham a call and had an apointment set up that weekend.
Check out need2speed.com, do a search, or if you register, ask about them in a post. You will hear nothing but good things.

I have heard that Sam at Coastal also does an excellent job, he is almost impossible to get ahold of though.

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Coastal...

+7 for Sam @ Coastal. He has done all of my work. When I called Ramsey's, they told me I would NEVER get 600+ through stock exhaust manifolds and cats. They also wanted a GROSS amount of money for a KB install with supporting mods. Sam took GREAT care of me, and I am more than happy with what he has done with my car!!

brainpa

Established Member
OK...anyone have any CONTACT information on Sam???

Thanks for all the help.

I am SPECIFICALLY located in South Tampa, on the street behind Berns Steakhouse...FOR NOW. Moving to St. Pete in a few weeks

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I would go to sam at coastal or Rob at fordspeed . I have the link to coastals web site in my sig , you can go on there and check it out. I Have called Sam a few times and he always picked up the phone . Good luck

CHICOSVT

Established Member
Sam did my work as well. U can give him a call but he told me that this coming week he would not be there because he was goin to some nhra event in bradenton.

rmgtc01

Established Member
CHICOSVT said:
Sam did my work as well. U can give him a call but he told me that this coming week he would not be there because he was goin to some nhra event in bradenton.

Nitto Nationals...I will be there!

Users who are viewing this thread