Who decides what the infamous ADM will be?

blubyeu

Established Member
Porsche dealers are not allowed to charge a penny over the sticker. Even on the GT. Typical for american car dealerships to shoot for the short term goals. They treat the sales people as bad as the customer from what I've seen.

mrGT

Established Member
I wonder why there wasn't so much as a peep about over MSRP when the GT was selling for $100,000 over MSRP? No one was threatening not to ever buy a Ford again because nearly all the Ford dealers were being greedy. Why was that?

95Proof

Established Member
Good news is I have yet to see a post from someone who had there heart set on an 03'-04' Cobra and was forced to by the vehicle for an absurd mark up. In fact most posts in that area tend to read as follows "... I went back to the dealership that was charging mark - up and showed them the vehicle I bought elsewhere...". Ford will produce as many as they can sell, because regardless of what the dealership charges - Ford profit on each is pretty much set if I am not mistaken.

95Proof

Established Member
Most likely because the GT is unobtainable for the average mustang buyer - so whatever if dealers go crazy on mark up. We already watched that ship sail in 00 with the R. I think the big problem is the mark up takes a car that is "affordable" for what it is and throws it out of the ballpark. I definitely am not speaking for everyone, but for 42K I could stomach it - add 10K-30K and I can't even consider it. People get mad because Ford put the car within reach and dealers - or the market - move it out of reach. You do not see people slamming Roush or Saleen for their Extreme level machines and they come priced in the 50K - 70K range. Just my thoughts

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
mrGT said:
I wonder why there wasn't so much as a peep about over MSRP when the GT was selling for $100,000 over MSRP? No one was threatening not to ever buy a Ford again because nearly all the Ford dealers were being greedy. Why was that?
that is a different ball game. the pepole that can afford a gt dont care about msrp, but pepole that ca afford a 46,000 dollar car do.

mrGT

Established Member
beaner,

You see, it's all relative...I know people that can't afford MSRP on a GT500 and they are wondering what all the fuss is about? They think people that can afford a $40K hot rod shouldn't be worried about an extra $5-10K....it really is ALL RELATIVE.

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
mrGT said:
beaner,

You see, it's all relative...I know people that can't afford MSRP on a GT500 and they are wondering what all the fuss is about? They think people that can afford a $40K hot rod shouldn't be worried about an extra $5-10K....it really is ALL RELATIVE.
you see my point you are just trying to argue.you sound like you are a 16 year old kid.the junkyard dog never rest.

2 tone

Jackie Chan said:
greediness....i swear people are so ignorant that they think its being greedy when a guy asks for market value.

there is a local dealer here that had a 2000 R in his showroom for 3 years, was offered upwards of 75k at one point, but wouldnt take it, he finally sold it for sticker. It wasnt a case of being greedy, he just liked having the car in the showroom for people to look at. HE definitely doesnt need to make 20k on a car, but only a poor business man would give profit away. Now I am sure people will chime in and say they won't buy from a dealer that is charging a markup at first. Well there is a 99% chance you won't be buying from a dealer that gets Shelby allocation then.
You're the greedy ignorant dealers. Keep the one of a kind stories locked up in your pea brain. Those aren't the norm. By the way, nice career. How many dealers have you worked for before getting fired?

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
KBE said:
You're the greedy ignorant dealers. Keep the one of a kind stories locked up in your pea brain. Those aren't the norm. By the way, nice career. How many dealers have you worked for before getting fired?

haha,

How am i the greedy ignorant dealer? Give me a break buddy, attack my livelihood, I could care less, what do you do for a living? I'm sure you are "da bomb!!"

I did get fired from one dealership that I was the GSM at, and now his sales are now falling(Which he is the only Nissan store that shows a negative DSR% in our region) where-as the store was the biggest gainer in our region for 1 year straight. HE is a greedy ahole and he's getting what he deserves.

You act as if I am for a huge dealer mark up, I am just pointing out the fact that the market is in a frenzy so your chances of finding a dealer to sell at MSRP will dwindle. So maybe your huge brain can't comprehend that fact, i have no clue since im a greedy pea-brained dealer.

you--> :loser: ok big guy Kirk :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread