Who are some good engine builders in So Cal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I am giving up on doing an 03 motor in my old 60 Ford. I am thinking about a stroked 460. Who do you guys like for engine builders?

I know Maoun likes B&D so I will call them.

I hear mixed results on Coast so I will pass on them.

Any others?

Last edited:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
XMP has a pretty damn good engine builder. He built the engine for their SEMA Mach. It's the stock Mach aluminum block, with a 5.1 L stroker kit (304.5ci), a forged 5.0L crank, billet rods & pistons, etc. With Novi 2000 mounted to it, it should make around 855 HP at the crank. Then you add the 200 or so shot of nitrous and things get REALLY interesting.

Anyway, sorry for babbling, but XMP is my suggestion. Just click on the link in my sig.

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
B&D :)

i don't even need to post anymore...people post my replies in their questions..lol

is that your way of telling me to shut up?

yermo

Established Member
B&D from what i have seen come out of that shop and perform the way that it does they are top notch.

maoun

Established Member
yeah, but some of their clients are kinda sketchy....like yermo for example.....boy couldn't even make the cruise on sunday!

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
San Diego

Since you are in San Diego, why don't talk to the guys @ JBA Racing on Convoy st. ( 858 495 - 3395 ) They built the 5.0 in my "89 gt.:)

Fred:beer:

maoun

Established Member
i've heard some horrible stories of JBA.....especially as relates to an installation of a griggs suspension

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
J.B.A.

I didn't have any problems with them, but I can't speak for anybody else.

Fred

F1Cobra

Established Member
No offense to XMP and B&D, im sure they are great shops in other facets. However, i have never seen an engine built by XMP that has actually been driven so that kind of rules those body kit experts out. As far as B&D goes, i personally know the person that built the engine that is in the B&D blue car pictured that went 9.8, and let me tell you... It wasn't B&D :lol:

If i were to buy an engine, it will be from guys who build it, drive it and race it constantly. Bottom line is the two shops named above cannot truthfully claim this. Do your research and go with proven engine builders.

IETZR1S

Established Member
as for B&D racing we have only been building our engines in house for about the last 18 months.The short block that is in the saleen that run 8's was built in 1995 and that was before B&D was a shop offering engines. As for the current engine program at B&D the engine failure rate less than 2% .:rockon:

CJsV8Bird

No, but, did the aliens do it? They were telling me about a project they were working on. Due to the mind control, paralysis, and taking needles to the eye- I can't remember the specifics.

Yo Mamma & Me

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ZX3Turbo2K
No, but, did the aliens do it? They were telling me about a project they were working on. Due to the mind control, paralysis, and taking needles to the eye- I can't remember the specifics.

Yo Mamma & Me

Newbie = DUMMY:p

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by F1Cobra
No offense to XMP and B&D, im sure they are great shops in other facets. However, i have never seen an engine built by XMP that has actually been driven so that kind of rules those body kit experts out. As far as B&D goes, i personally know the person that built the engine that is in the B&D blue car pictured that went 9.8, and let me tell you... It wasn't B&D :lol:

If i were to buy an engine, it will be from guys who build it, drive it and race it constantly. Bottom line is the two shops named above cannot truthfully claim this. Do your research and go with proven engine builders.
Sorry for this being off topic, but where can I get a license plate holder like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread